All reviews an awesome place to stay home away from home facilities are great night life bbq night every morning train station stayed longer walk into town living room pug bbqs amado algarve vibes beaches guitar
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I stayed at this hostel for 6 nights and from the beginning it didn't feel like a hostel. It felt like I was over a friend's place with a bunch of people that I didn't know and we were all having a blast. Doing BBQs, having drinks by the pool and going out with the staff and guests for dinner in the city center. I came for the surf but the stay at the hostel was already worth it on its own. I left already making plans to return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2018

The only thing that could've made my stay here better was if I had stayed longer.

If you haven't already booked your stay here - DO IT. DO IT NOW.

The staff are awesome and make the whole place feel like a giant family of friends.

Rooms were the best equipped that I experienced during a month staying in hostels in Portugal (curtain, reading light, massive storage underneath, and more than enough bathrooms).

Breakfast is delicious - home baked treats everyday!

Even if you aren't interested in surfing this is an awesome place to stay. But if you are interested in learning to surf, then you should DEFINITELY stay here! The surf school is the perfect mix of professional and fun.

Thanks to Laurie and the team for such an awesome stay!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

My sister and I booked into this hostel for 1 week, and signed up to go surfing for 5 days. We had the best time ever! I could write an essay about how great this hostel is, but I'll keep it short with my top 5 favourite things (in no particular order):
1. The hostel feels like home; we made some great friends over the week. As a result we did not want to leave, and I think we will be returning next year, hopefully with some of the girls we met there!
2. The breakfast is insane! Cereals, fruit, something savoury that's different every morning and something sweet that's different every day (cakes for breakfast!!!) did I mention its all homemade?
3. Friday night BBQ, suitable for meat lovers and vegetarians. Lots of sangria and lots of ridiculous drinking games. One of our highlights
4. Can't forget the surfing! I don't know if I've every been so exhausted in my life, surfing is hard work, but it's also the most fun ever! The coaches are incredible, they had us standing up on day one and doing fun tricks by day 4.
5. The staff. Laurie, the host, was easy to contact and offered to pick us up from the train station on arrival. The breakfast girls were so friendly and a pleasure to be around.

Would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone, whether your planning on going surfing or not!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank HarrietEH
Reviewed 9 June 2018

The atmosphere of the hostel is what makes it so awesome. The staff and the quests are sharing a common interest to have a good time and you can feel it. I had stayed there before and even though few years had passed, it was still the same. The staff is super helpful and friendly, special thanks to Laurie! The hostel offers a perfect spot to relax but it is also within walking distance to the center of Lagos.

The surf instructors of the surf school are absolutely wonderful people who really care about your progress and help you individually to improve your skills. It isn't just that they give you boards and take you to the beach, but they are there for you: being present, giving tips and encouraging you. They are really experts on what they do but also a lot of fun! I highly recommend to take surfing lessons here, I'm sure you will learn something new even though you would've surfed before. I had a wonderful stay and will be coming back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mira R
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Writing this review as I'm heading back from my recent trip to Lagos. The Algarve hostel has been nothing but incredible since the moment I arrived! My transfer was delayed and the hostel staff waited up until 1am specifically for my arrival. And a very warm welcome it was too!!!
The breakfasts are as noted in other reviews fantastic with freshly baked treats every morning!!
Majority of people stay here to surf for the week, but even as a non surfer and solo traveller I didn't in anyway feel ostracised from the great group community feel this hostel seems to thrive on.
The staff and owners were incredibly helpful on a daily basis and are able to book anything you need/want to do during your stay.
The rooms are spotless and the enclosed bunks in the dorms give you your own privacy when you want it. Each dorm also comes with its own en-suite which means there's only a maximum of 6 people sharing a bathroom.
The nightlife of Lagos is fantastic but if you don't want to be in the heart of it this is the perfect location. Aldi supermarket is situated opposite which makes shopping incredibly easy. The marina is a ten minute walk away and the centre of town only a few minutes further. Depending on which way you come back from town there are a few hills but they are not big at all and any relatively fit person won't have any issue with this.
I decided to try the surfing on my last day, 30 minute van ride away we were greeted by our instructor for the day, amazing teachers who actually really care about you progressing as much as possible in your time in the water. Was made to feel very comfortable and in very safe hands all day.
The owners organised a big meal out for one of the days for a girls bday who was staying in the hostel and on my last night they cooked up a great meal for all the guests. BBQS are a regular occurrence and although I missed them the accounts are legendary!!
Big thanks especially to Lorrie, Olivia, and Julia for a holiday I will never forget!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo