“Informative and interesting”

Ranked #17 of 417 things to do in Brussels
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Meet the famous Bernissart Iguanodons in the largest Dinosaur Gallery in Europe, learn about the human body and how we evolved in the Gallery of Humankind and go back in time in the Gallery of Evolution. You can also find out about urban species in BiodiverCITY, discover specimens which illustrate the Museum’s history in the 250 years of Natural Sciences hall, admire the magnificent crystals in the Mineral Hall, and experience something new every year by visiting our temporary exhibitions or by taking part in one of our Education Service’s interactive activities. During Belgian School Holidays: Tuesday> Sunday: 10.00> 18.00 During the Belgian school year: Tuesday> Friday: 9.30> 17.00 | Week-end : 10.00> 18.00
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Very large museum situated at the end of a nice park near brussels centre. Doesn’t take long to travel there from central station via metro. We had the brussels card so got in for free. There’s a large exhibit on dinosaurs and an equally large exhibit on animals. Both very interactive and informative. We went on a Tuesday morning and the museum seemed to be very popular with children on school trips.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)
All reviews
"couple of hours"
in 8 reviews
"top floor"

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This museum is a bit of a trek from the centre, I walked there in 35 mins and the map led me through a very rough area! But that was an experience in itself or so I told myself, my partner wasn't convinced tho! When we arrived I was surprised by the outside appearance of the building, I was expecting it to look like the other museums (old historical style) but it was modern almost ugly in my opinion. Once inside we were greeted two friendly receptionists and we paid the €8.00 p.p. for adults. We were also offered for an extra €2.50p.p. to see their current exhibit about monkeys! You aren't allowed bags in so make sure you have a euro for the lockers that are by the museum admission point past the reception. Once you enter each section is numbered on a map and you just follow that through the ages as such... The dinosaur section is pretty amazing with great displays, then follow the rest of the numbers into each of the sections. The last section I went into was the human evolution and that was a masterpiece in itself, I found it absolutely fascinating! The rock/mineral collection at the end was ok.
Overall the museum is worth visiting for either just the dinosaur or the human evolution section alone and at that great price it should definitely be on your Brussels to do list.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We really enjoyed our visit. The dinosaur collection is second to none and really amazing. They even have a huge display on how the dinosaur were found in the coal mines. Nothing less than amazing.
The human evolution part was interactive and really interesting.
The collections of stones/minerals was really old and could be modernized, same could be said on the animal collection

Reviewed 17 June 2018

The museum is very interesting and it offers good entertainment and interactive expositions so it's perfect for kids. The museum shop is also great and offer something for everybody to commemorate this trip.