“Simple but lovely food”

Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

This was the location chosen by our hosts for our training course lunch, a very nice looking venue with some very attentive staff. The food that we had was relatively simple but so very tasty - the piccies are a salmon starter with a main of chicken in a creamy pepper sauce. They’ve got a terrace area which our smokers made use of, this gives a nice view of parts of the old town in the distance. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This is a fine Italian dining!
Large choice of Italian plates, nice people working here, you get a "pousse-café" from the house which is very nice attention. The plates are small as in every good fine dining restaurant so you have to know that the bill is not small here as you have to take the starter, the main course and the desert. But you will leave this restaurant with a good impression and you will want come back again here. And when you come back they remember you (I don't know how) and you feel like royalty :-) We were here already 10 times (at least) and it's always a great pleasure to return.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

we loved this place , after a stressful day shopping in Antwerp we had a nice dinner with a great service and got a fabulous view of the Central Station by night
worth the visit

Reviewed 13 July 2017

The one big positive of this place it the view on Antwerp from almost any place in the restaurant. The atmosphere is rather cool but the waiter was very nice, quite friendly, and the service was very good.

Of course we go to a restaurant for great food. My friends' Scampi fritti with tartarsauce (!) was delicious she said, but it looked like something I can do as well. My vittello tonato was just an ordinary one like you can eat anywhere including at home.
The fileto d'angello was rather a point than pink like we ordered it. It was dry, served with some sauteed veggies en fried potatoes. Too little gravy. Again, somebody with just a little cooking experience can do.
My desert was a carpaccio of pineapple with a sorbet - with grappa I think. This was very fresh and good. My freinds pana cotta was fine but if she wasn't careful half of it would have sticked to the spoon - very small portion indeed.

So all this was average at best, I expect this when a friend cooks, not in a restaurant. And the price was not right : 179 for all this?? I have eaten MUCH better for than money.

Normally this would receive an average score, but given the price, I go for low. Not to be blinded by the view...

My friend deserved a much better meal - I was happy she picked the restaurant else I'd have felt guilty.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I was at this restaurant for a business dinner with about 15 - 20 people. They had plenty of room for all of us and the food came out perfect for all of us. I would highly recommend for a high-end dinner. The view from the restaurant was very nice with an overlook of a good chunk of the city.