3,661 results
All reviewscentral stationbagel placegreat hotelmodern hotelfloor to ceiling windowsminute walkjordaan areacity centrecorner roomjunior suiterain showerspacious roommini barhotel restaurantstayed here for nightsan upgradeamsterdam centraal
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel one night on business. I had booked 2 rooms, 1 single and 1 double occupancy.
Arrived at 11.45pm and was greeted by a patronising duty manager who told me I didn’t use the option to select a twin bed room for 2 of my colleagues on the hotel web site when booking, and this is something you need to know when staying in 4 and 5 star hotels !!! I checked whilst waiting 40 minutes to check in and there is no option to select a twin room on the hotel website. I was then offered the option to pay another €30 for a twin bedroom on top of the £260 rate I had already paid in advance. When my colleagues finally got to their room, there was a double bed and a kid size roll away bed !! Don’t often give bad reviews but the Duty manager was the rudest I have encountered in 30 years of business travel
Apart from that the hotel is clean, bathroom is basic. Breakfast was good and the location is great for the train station.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Merijn V, General Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to read that your check-in experience with us was not as you could have expected from us. You booked a standard room with us, which comes either in a queen size or in a twin configuration. Unfortunately we did not have your preferred twin configuration available anymore when you arrived late at night. This does of course not excuse in any way the experience you describe. A suitable solution should have been offered right away. Please know that this is not up to our standards. We will discuss this with the team and with our webdesigners in order to prevent this from happening again.

I noticed you did appreciate the location, cleanliness and our breakfast. I would very much like to get in touch with you as I am convinced we can restore your faith in our hotel. I sincerely look forward to that occasion.

Warm regards,

Merijn Veken - Hotel Director
m.veken@room-matehotels.com

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Fabulous hotel. I chatted with Sophia (the duty manager)as I checked in and she asked if we were doing anything special during our stay. I said we were going to a concert and also celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary. She immediately upgraded us to the king suite on level 4!
Our stay was made extra special by this lovely lady, she arranged for flowers in our room and a drink voucher for the bar. What a treat!
The suite was large with a huge bed, comfortable sofa, two tv’s and a lovely free-standing bath plus a separate shower room. It was very luxurious and our every need was catered for with plenty of towels and lovely toiletries.
We can not recommend this hotel highly enough.
It is a 10 minute walk along the waterfront from central station and is in a quiet area with a nice view of the harbour where small boats are moored.
Very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Room 450 is fabulous
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I came back to my room at 10 o’clock in the evening and I discovered that the room was not cleaned. No explanation, totally unacceptable.Consequently the minibar was not refurbished and I had to drink water directly from the tap!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Merijn V, General Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review, as you can imagine I am very distressed to read about your disappointment. Please allow me to sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire hotel. I can assure you that this is certainly not up to our standards, and we will make sure such a thing will not happen again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to further discuss this and to see how we can restore your faith in out hotel.

Kindest regards,

Merijn Veken - Hotel Director
m.veken@room-matehotels.com

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Great front desk staff. Comfortable beds and sparkling bathrooms, The breakfast was great. Hotel is located an easy walk to the train station and to the vessels for the river cruises. Easy walk to cafes and canals. Rooms were quiet. The staff aims to please. It was such a pleasant surprise to be able to get in our rooms at 10:30 am and sleep instead of waiting till check in time at 3 pm. That is something international travelers don’t forget. We plan on staying here the next time we are in Amsterdam. Thank you Room Mate Staff for being so accommodating and welcoming.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Emily H, Front Office Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear bzeltravel_11,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate your stay with us, we are delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us.

I am happy my colleagues at the Front desk were able to accommodate your early arrival, I will be sure to share this with them.

Thank you for letting us be your friends in Amsterdam and we cannot wait to welcome you back for your next stay.

A big hug from all the team,
Emily Hartong
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed from April 1 - 4, 2018, we had a quiet large room, hotel is close to the central station. We enjoyed an excellent breakfast every morning and we were able to check in when we arrived in the morning.

Room Tip: Booked through Avalon River cruises which worked out very well
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Patriciaboychuk,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay with us in April, I am happy you had an excellent stay with us.

Thank you for choosing Room Mate Aitana and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Kindest Regards,