Hotel Vondel
  • Restaurant
Keizersgracht Residence(Amsterdam)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,574 results
All reviewsgreat locationboutique hotelexecutive roomquiet side streetwalking distancelovely hotelmuseum districtsister hotelminute walkrain showertop floormini barthird floorlarge roomvan goghcentral stationvisiting amsterdam
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

All factors contributed to an excellent stay - all staff were excellent; sizable, tasteful room; great location; excellent facility overall.
One idea: provide a 'night light' in the bathroom (as done sometimes in the USA) for the convenience of those who need to make mid-night visits there.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Management_VH, FO at Hotel Vondel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear John B,

Thank you for your stay in Hotel Vondel and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are more than proud to read that you had a great experience and scored us a 5 out of a 5! Your feedback will be shared with the whole team as this is very motivating!

If travel brings you back to Amsterdam we hope we can welcome you another time.

Kind Regards,
Kaylee - Team Hotel Vondel

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely boutique hotel in a fantastic location. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the personal note in the room when we checked in, was a lovely personal touch. Bed was comfy, room and bathroom were very nice. Would definitely recommend and will certainly return.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Management_VH, FO at Hotel Vondel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear yasmins333,

We are very proud to read that you had a great stay and gave us a 5 out of a 5! This review will be shared with the complete team as these are the reviews that makes us happy and motivated!

When travel brings you back to Amsterdam we cannot wait to welcome you back in Hotel Vondel.

Kind Regards,
Kaylee | Team Hotel Vondel

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, your staff made us feel very welcome. We met Samantha at check in and she was extremely helpful and friendly and gave us great tips for our stay in Amsterdam. Very close proximity to Leidseplein Square but in a quiet street made it a great location, we were able to walk to all the sights we wanted to visit.

Room Tip: Some rooms are accessed by stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Management_VH, Front Office Manager at Hotel Vondel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Lynette B,

First of all we would like to thank you for your stay with us. We appreciate that you have taken the time to write us this nice review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location as much as we do! Indeed it is a perfect location for museums and also for the city.
Thank you for giving us the compliment about our staff. I will share this with the whole team.
If travels brings you back to Amsterdam we would love to welcome you again!

Have a great day.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel location was 2 long blocks and 1 very big intersection from closest tram stop so I wouldn’t say it was close. If you have a large suitcase, be prepared to lug it up steps from the street as the entrance is not street level as with some of the newer hotels. On the subject of steps, although I told them I needed an elevator because of my MS, we were put into a room that required us to use not the elevator at the front desk but one down a long narrow hall with 5 steps at one point and 3 again a bit farther down. I am pretty mobile (and we’ll prepared to do lots of walking when I travel) but This hotel was losing its charm before we even got into the room. The room was a triple with 3 actual beds (not pull out) and was good size. Beds had foam toppers and mine kept sliding off. I feared I would end up on the floor while I tried to sleep. The bathroom looked like it belonged in a nightclub - dark gray/black walls, burgundy ceiling, black sink, 4 tiny halogen lights directly over sink. Impossible to see to do even the barest makeup and no other mirror in the bedroom. The staff was incredibly nice and the breakfast (included) was very generous but the accommodations themselves were not comfortable on many levels (no pun intended!).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Hou World Traveler 77,

First off all I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. All these speciffics needs to be settled before the arrival, then we can arrange the right room on the right sircumstances, othervise on the day of the arrival, sometimes it can happen that the rooms with the easyest access are already booked out and we need to figure out the best possible solution.
I do hope we may welcome you again in the future to show you our true passion for hospitality.

Have a nice day!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was completely disappointed in this property. There is no way this could be classified as a 4 star property as they simply do not have the amenities such as bell staff, concierge, a real lobby, etc. The hotel is a complete maze with narrow and steep staircases (they do have an tiny elevator). The front desk is like something one would expect at a hostel. Our guest room was furnished in what looked like college dorm furniture. The beds are pillowtops on some sort of base (?). The tv, was on a stand at the end of the bed, and could very easily be kicked off if you stretch out your legs. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, not a great experience. Location was o.k. and the staff were o.k.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Love a good vacation,

Thank you kindly for your review. It is these reviews that will help us to improve our service and standards. First off all I would like to offer you my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We do have a 24 hour reception available and you may contact them at any time for any kind of requests. We would be happy to assist you and check for a possible room move. Again, my apologies for not being able to accomodate you in a more comfortable way. This clearly is not what we envision for our guests when describing a stay in Hotel Vondel.

Have a nice day!