5,826 results
All reviewstrain stationgreat locationrooms are smallcentral locationfree wifiluggage roomshort staylight sleeperbudget hoteldam squaretriple roomcity breakred light districtbreakfast roompublic transportyogurtnoise
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Easy to find central location right next to the central station. The hotel straddles the platforms, but surprisingly you don’t hear much noise from the trains. Views in the river side are impressive! There are numerous car parks nearby, although P1 parking was closed recently due to a fire.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Basic hotel. V good location. Good breakfast buffet (included with my booking). Located right beside train station means easy travelling to and from airport. Noisey sometimes with trains passing by but usually stop during night time

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

A few positives first - I was very grateful that they were willing to check me in in the morning after an overnight flight. Also, the mattress was quite good. But this place is way, way over-priced. The rooms are cramped, even by European or New York City standards. The door to the room won't open a full 90 degrees because it hits the bed. It is challenging to bend over in the bathroom after a shower to dry your legs without hitting your head on something. To sit on the loo, I had to tuck my legs in very deliberately so as not to hit my knees on the toilet paper holder. And then there is the noise - just about all the time it seems. The whole place rumbles when the trains roll through. There was construction going on in the floor above me during the day, which made it difficult to work and impossible to nap. And then, to top it off, between 12 and 1 in the morning, someone was using some sort of cleaning power tool in the breakfast room, the racket of which radiated loudly into my room.
For the ladies, think twice as the doors have no secure secondary latch lock from the inside.
My room cost 240 euros a night - there is no way one should have to put up with this kind of a place for that kind of money. So, unless you get an incredible deal, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Maybe up higher would have less train noise?
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
GeoffreyIbis, Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review here at TripAdvisor.

The size of the room can be considered as small which is often the case in Amsterdam. I fully understand your disappointment if you were expecting a large room. Unfortunately we can't change the size of the rooms. If you're looking for a larger room, you're more likely to find an appropriate room outside the city center.

Our prices are competitive for the city of Amsterdam and especially for our unbeatable location. Prices in Amsterdam are unfortunately generally considered quite high.

Concerning the sound of the trains we normally don't receive many complaints. The soundproofing of the rooms is of a very high standard, as confirmed by many guests and reviewers. Should there be something wrong with the soundproofing of the room, we encourage you to contact our reception. Should there be a technical issue we will fix it within 15 minutes.

Yes we had a renovation going on.Sorry that you could not work and nap in your room Please for next time come to our front desk and then it was possible to change your room to our other part of the hotel! There is always a possibility.

We are sorry for the inconvenience it caused you

Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Don't expect much for a rather expensive hotel. $300. Rooms are small even compared to Europe standards. The bed was something you'd find in a youth hostel. There was no tissue, no amenities (some all in one hair, body wash product that was bolted to the wall like someone would take it...) and the towels were dreadful - almost as thin as the sheets and about half the size of a normal towel. The windows were filthy with bird droppings splattered on them. A total FAIL on this one.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mrs/Mr

Thank you for your review here at TripAdvisor.

Our Ibis Sweet bed is tested by several guests before we used it. We try to make it comfortable for every guest as much as we can. I can understand your disappointed that you did not have good bed. I passed your comments about the towel to our housekeeping manager.

We often cleaning our windows in our hotel. Sorry that they were dirty at the moment you were checked in

We offer soap in our bathroom and it was just a choice to put it like that in the shower and next to the sink. It is not our intention to think that people will take it away. I am sorry that you had this feeling.

Overall we apologies for all the inconvenience we caused you.

Take care

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 May 2018

On the minimalist, projector-bathed reception desk (think 'Minority Report' meets 'Doctor Who') there is a big jar of tiny boiled sweets. They are free. There is a free WiFi service, apparently; just not as fast as the paid one. Nothing else is free, not even courtesy, apparently.

A typical exchange:
"Oh, hello. My keycard isn't working. It worked a minute ago but now it's stopped".
"That's because you haven't paid for the room yet".
"Of course, I should have known when you didn't ask. You do it by telepathic waves, is that it?"

Stay here to experience a kind of robotic ambience enhanced by the coldness of the staff, who seem to think the Ibis is disability-friendly but isn't; (witness the ridiculously steep fixed ramp (Glory! A wheelchair ramp in Amsterdam!) and the deep step up to the bathroom), restaurant staff whose dearest wish appears to be somewhere else. They probably all have three gigs, poor sods.

A modern, slickly presented hotel that makes you feel you've outstayed your welcome before you've checked in.

Room Tip: Get to breakfast after 10:30 and it's half price.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bolgwrad
GeoffreyIbis, Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Mr,

Thank you for your review here at TripAdvisor.

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback and concerns. We are sorry to hear that you were a bit disappointed with your stay. Your opinion is very valuable to us as we strive to provide a superior service experience. I am sorry to hear that the assistance of our front office team was unhelpful with the room key. I agree with you that it could be done better then we did now. I will forward your feedback to our Front Office Manager to take the appropriate measure to prevent future occurrence. We are sorry for the inconvenience it caused you

We take your comments about the disability friendly also quit serious. We get every now and then a check by a company and we are doing everything to make it as good as we can. I am sorry that this was not good for you.

I wish you all the best and thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,