All reviews model railway glass floor train station breakfast room travel card early train themed hotel turn left tiny bathroom stayed for one night tea and coffee free transport card a couple of minutes walk main station twin room location was perfect cold meats
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Se all know Switzerland is beautiful; even with this in mind, Lausanne has to be experienced to be believed; the views are amazing and the food is very good (yes it is expensive). Hotel AlaGare is very convenient if you are arriving and leaving by train as we were. The front desk staff were excellent and then included breakfast was really really good. On the downside it can be a little noisy with the windows open; that is because the train station is so close; the price you pay for convenience

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christophe d, Gérant at Hotel AlaGare, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Madame, dear Sir,
A warm welcome, a rich buffet breakfast and very comfortable beds are our priorities.
We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again in hotel AlaGare

Reviewed 15 June 2018

this is a small hotel located close to the train station (and a Migros and a few small restaurants).. I had a superior double room; it was the size of half a North American hotel room. The bathroom and toilet were very modern. It took me awhile to learn to work the taps and shower. The room was very stuffy, even with the small air conditioning unit on.There were two hard back chairs and a small desk. The (cold) breakfast was great with many healthy choices including fruit. The worst part of the room was the carpet: it looked stained/very dirty! :-( My room looked out on the little courtyard so I did not have too much trouble with trains going by although I did hear them.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Madame, dear Sir,

We will be replacing the carpet very soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

The position is good, to visit the city, but you have to ask for a room on front side (on Rue de Simplon). The hotel is next to the central railway station. People are very kind and helpful. The room was comfortable but bathroom a bit too small. In the room there was a bit bad smell.... maybe moquette.
Breakfast was international style (sweet and salty). Everything is in line with three stars. I recommend.

Stayed: June 2018

Reviewed 31 May 2018

The location is perfect to move for travel.
And, the room is very clean and breakfast is also good.
I like welcome bread because we are very hungry at that time.
If I will visit to Lausanne, stay again. Thank you so much.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Madame, dear Sir,
Many thanks for having taken the time to post your positive comment on Internet. We mostly appreciate it. Your appreciation of your stay will be forwarded to my team, which gives its best to make your stay a comfortable and easy one.
Jean-Baptiste Bagi
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

When we entered our room we could barely breathe, the smell was terrible. Also the bed ocuppied the whole room so there is no space to walk around it. Pathetic. We complained and they changed us to a room with a window 3 mts from the train station so the noise was unbearable. Also, our original bed was 1 double bed but this new room had 2 twin beds separated by a bedside table in the middle. I had to remove the table and push the beds together myself. This is unacceptable for anyone who wants to travel in peace. Everything is poor quality here like 1 star hotel. The sink was in the room and not in the toilet on the first room, they have sliding door to the toilet, etc. It's like a cheap and poor student accomodation. Do not stay here if u want to rest. You'll pay for a nightmare.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,
Many thanks for having taken the time to post your comment on Internet.
We are sorry to hear that your stay in our hotel did not meet your expectation.
We have different types of rooms available at hotel AlaGare and when the hotel is full we propose smaller rooms at the best rates in Lausanne.
Although our bathrooms are small, they are modern and efficient.
For your next stay, I recommend you contact directly our reservation department or contact me directly, to get a superior room at the best available price.
While hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again in hotel AlaGare and with my kindest regards.
Sincerely yours,