“Best meal yet”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We were going to eat at our hotel restaurant but it was closed today on sunday. The kind man at our reception desk recommended this wonderful place to us. Nothing fancy. Not fine dining. Just a simple, plain, family run restaurant. No English on the menu so luckily our waiter could help us with the menu. It was delicious. We got there at 730. By 830 the place was packed with Italians who all seemed to know one another. We loved it. Not catering to tourists. Authentic lovely food. And to the person who said the portions were small? Its Italy. Thats how they eat here and why they aren't all obese. We each had a pasta dish and shared a pork dish that was delicious. Drank wine, took our time and left contented and not stuffed like a pig. All for 30 euros. Please try this place

1  Thank draganfly

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Get away from the tourist crowds and wander down to this family run restaurant, wonderful fresh local food! delicious and served with friendly prompt service. Prices are very reasonable and after just a couple days of attending they already made us feel like locals. What great people and fantastic food!.

1  Thank Mimiatsfo
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Perhaps being situated in a little traveled off-street works to a kind of perverse advantage. The ones "in the know" make the extra effort to find a parking space and the only publicity is by word of mouth so the cooking HAS to be excellent. My grandson and I had an outstanding lunch here yesterday and fortunately,being Sunday,I had thought to call and make reservations because otherwise there would have been a problem. I had guinea hen in salmi that I hadn't tasted since my mother-in-law,a soprafine cook,died 15 years ago. My grandson had the scrambled eggs with truffles as appetizer that could have been almost a meal in itself,followed by pasta alla norcina that he managed to finish only because it was too delicious to leave. My red "house wine" was extremely good. We shared a desert,the temptation being too great. The bill was less than expected for such a memorable meal in a warm atmosphere. It could easily become a tradition for our outings.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

The food was really very good. Excellent in fact. The problem was the size of the portions. just one very thin steak and one small piece of agnelo , were the original order. The price was around ten euro each ( 8 and 10 actually) but it should have been at least two pieces in the plate! My god, in fact in all restaurants we have noticed this in Italia.
We have ordered 2 secondi piatti , 2 contorni ( insalada verde) and then we ordered one primo piatto( spaghetti ) as we were still hungry..But..even then,still hungry.. We could keep ordering but it would be very inappropriate, I think. So small portions..honestly.And please note..I weight just 55 kilos :)

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We visited Ristorante Dalla Bianca for Sunday lunch. It's in a part of town not visited as much by tourists, and much of the clientele seemed to be regulars. The food and service were excellent. We had typical Umbrian dishes -- homemade pasta with a sauce of olives and mushrooms (also available with truffle); another pasta with a cream and Umbrian sausage sauge; and tender beef slices with a chicken liver gravy. Desserts were housemade - three different kinds of fruit tarts -- and the coffee was excellent as well.