All reviews minute walk perfect order no lift quiet neighborhood rooftop terrace panoramic view lovely garden small hotel restaurant suggestions old town each morning hotel is great grazie mille a wonderful stay location was perfect the ground floor comfortable hotel
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Villa Elda.
The 3 Sisters were excellent in hospitality and information. They were always willing to help in any way. They even helped me practice my Italian. In addition to the spacious, airy room there was a pretty courtyard to enjoy with lovely plants. The location is easily accessible to city centre. We walked to all the major sights, delicious restaurants, and shopping ! There was paid parking off street for our car.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

My newlywed husband and I stayed in Hotel Elda for our 3rd stop of our honeymoon thru Italy in April 2008. So this is a long time due review of this amazing small hotel in the outskirts of Siena. From the moment you walk in you feel so welcomed. Our room had a beautiful view to the center. It is an easy and pleasent walk to the Piazza and local restaurants. We enjoyed the hotel’s breakfast with the pastries, specially the freshly baked filled croissants, and an afternoon snack and wine in the rooftop terrace while admiring the views. The host was super sweet and nice- she even gave me some of the delicious croissants for the road when we checked out on our last day. Definitely staying in Hotel Elda when we visit again in the near future.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Clean and quiet room with a great view from the third floor- no elevator. Super helpful staff. Restaurant recommendation was terrific. Breakfast good especially the cornettos.
Would gladly return hopefully soon.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank birkie24
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Very good helpful staff, very clean and tidy rooms. Lovely roof top terrace with amazing views of the Duomo. It would help if we'd known a bit more about local events. We didn't know that there was a market nearby on Wednesdays, and came upon it by chance. This doesn't detract from the fact the hotel is very well situated - easy taxi ride from station and easy walk into the main part of Siena. Good breakfasts and be sure to take a nice glass of chilled white wine on to the terrace in the evening.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janine L
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Hotel Villa Elda

It’s a bit difficult to get the true measure of a hotel when you’re the only guests. Nevertheless, we spent two nights here entirely alone, in the filthiest of Tuscan weather in early April, and left with the feeling that even if it had been busy, it would still have been a pleasant and welcoming place to be.

The reception lady was charm itself, full of helpful information in excellent English about local restaurants and anything else we challenged her with. Our second floor room was warm, very spacious and had everything we wanted, plus an unexpectedly stunning vista towards the centre of Siena. The water was a bit on the lukewarm side the first night, but on our mentioning it, the temperature soon went up several notches.

Breakfast was fine if a little unimaginative, but Italians don’t really understand breakfast and it was better than many hotel offerings I have known. Parking on the street outside was free, and it probably took around 15 minutes to walk to the Campo. The price was entirely reasonable, and I can think of no reason why I wouldn’t return if I ever went back to Siena. I might hope for a few fellow guests next time: it doesn’t deserve to be empty.

Room Tip: Second floor deluxe panoramic rooms have lovely views
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple