All reviews century building hotel garden leaning tower no elevator lady on reception walkable distance stay there again comfortable bed central station stayed one night visiting pisa good size airport giardino base furniture plug
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Beware when you book this hotel! We booked 2 double rooms 3 months before our trip at a reasonable price for 2 nights. About 2 - 3 weeks before our stay, we got a " junk email" stating our booking had been cancelled due to our credit card being invalid. It was fortunate we found the email and we rang the hotel as our card was most definitely valid. They said our original booking was cancelled and could not be reinstated, however we could book again but the rooms would cost almost double the original price which they took from our credit card which they had previously stated was invalid. We booked as it was too late to book another hotel hoping we could discuss further when we arrived. The staff were very pleasant and engaging but said it was nothing to do with them therefore we ended up paying double for a fairly basic hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
hotelminervapisa, Responsabile reception at Hotel Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear guest,when the people put one credit card as garancy is normal that the credit card have on at least the money of the first night.
Our hotel preauthorize the first night only after the expire of the cancellation policy and if the preauthorization is unsuccessful we inform the customer that he have 24h to replace the card with a valid one.Only if the guest does not provide we have the right to cancel the booking.We believe that all of this is correct and necessary to protect us from all those who,by mistake or bad faith can harm us.
We regret that you had this experience and we hope in the end your stay was pleasent.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

A good value Hotel In Pisa. Quiet situation by the towns Park.Staff are a great team and breakfast can be taken in the hotel garden. The hotel is good value. I will stay there again. They will make you up twin beds if you make a prior request before you arrive

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorfolkNoddy
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for only one night. Location to main train station is good and staff is friendly. However, this is not a 3 star hotel, it is rather a 1.5 star hotel. Cheap and old furniture and even cheaper and older bathroom. No real door between the room and bathroom, only a retractable plastic “door”. Too expensive for the offered quality.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara C
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The price was low for Pisa, and the quality/price ratio was ok.

It is an old building in need of renovation, but it was clean, the bed was comfortable, it had everything I needed, and all in all I enjoyed my stay.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was disappointing (coffee was weak and the quality and variety of products, especially bakery, was poor), but there are several bars within a short walking distance.

The location was good, you can easily walk from the railway station and to the main sights. During day time on a weekday, I paid 10 euros for a taxi from the airport to the hotel - but on my way back, I found out that there is a very nice shuttle train from Pisa Central Station to Pisa Airport that is actually cheaper and faster.

The hotel provides good value for money. If one does not expect anything fancy, it is a very nice place to stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I spent 5 nights at Hotel Minerva during my stay in Pisa and I do not regret having chosen it. It is good value for money. It has 3 stars and satisfies all the expectations. As the hotel is located in a 18 century building there is no lift in it. Rather inconvenient especially with luggage.
I lived in a single room no. 37. The room was spacious and bigger than many single rooms I had previously stayed in. The only exception was the bathroom which was very small. Literally difficult to move around.
The windows of my room overlooked the garden which was very nice. Room service was regular, the toiletries were free and were changed every day. There was also a minibar (not free).
The bed in my room was really wide and comfortable but there were no international TV channels. Inconvenient for foreign guests.
The breakfast was very delicious and rich and looked more like breakfast of a 4 star hotel.
The location of the hotel is convenient, within walking distance of the train station (10 minutes) and the Leaning Tower (20 minutes).

Stayed: May 2018