Hotel Riviera Blu(Tirrenia)
US$95
B&B Carla(Pisa)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewscaviarleaning towerrooms are smallthird floorlovely hotelquiet streetfew minutes walkpastriestrain stationflorencefabiotaxibathrobescheeseduomosightsbidet
Reviewed 20 June 2018

nice hotel minimal staffing even when booking out there was around 6 people waiting for around 20 minutes before anyone appeared in reception. Bathroom was amazing with heated tiles on floor. Bedroom ok very traditional. Breakfast did the job but nothing to write home about. There is a small library with chairs and sofas on the top floor where you can sit and relax with a drink.

Room Tip: one of the back bedrooms facing the garden would be nice in summer otherwise they are all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary D
Reviewed 31 May 2018

When is a 5 star not a 5 star? When it's the Relais dell'Orologio. When I picked this hotel I saw a decent website, it's 5 star and its Relais as in Relais & Chateau! Big mistake.
Reception on arrival was non existent, carted our own luggage up to the room. Nobody came to explain how things worked. The reason was obvious nothing pretty much worked. Worst no air conditioning & it was roasting, weird explanation given "the mayor won't let us switch it on". My wife suggested leaving the minibar open to cool the room. Guess what? Only the fridge light worked! TV and radio didn't work & only 1 window shutter worked. Then there was the shower, ridiculously bad but at least it worked.
On the plus side the room was cleaned every day; breakfast & bar staff tried hard to please and there is a rather nice courtyard garden. Beatrice ( I think) on reception was also very nice and helpful if somewhat embarrassed.
I feel sorry for the staff. Clearly manager/owners not investing in hotel but they are invisible.

The Italian tourist board is organised into different areas and can award ratings (stars) differently in each area. They clearly have messed up with this one. It is nowhere near 5 star and quite frankly I'm baffled and left disappointed. We'd stayed in 4 stars in Florence and Lucca before arriving at this one and they were streets ahead.

This hotel is in my opinion a mediocre 3 star at best. Go elsewhere to avoid disappointment.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Stewart M
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The most horrible 5 star hotel I ever been. Please avoid them if you can. We came here for one night. We were traveling around Italy and Monaco stopping only at 5 star hotels. Great vacation until we came here. No parking , no one meets you at the entrance, no service is providing, but plenty of space for this just the lazy stuff. So we parked our car and grabbed the luggage ourselves and went to the entrance. On a reception I asked a lady why is in 5 stars no one is taking care of a luggage. The lady was sooooo rude that I asked her name and told her that I am going to leave a comment on a TripAdvisor , she said she won’t tell a name and I said ok, let’s make a picture then. On this she told me she is calling police... what can I add.....? It was a great trip from Milano to Como lake, then Switzerland and Monaco, everywhere we stopped at 5 stars and had a great service as usual. I never expected such a thing is possible to happen in a good hotel! This night was our last in Italy and I will never come this hotel. I am sorry more for them then for myself because tomorrow I will be at next place and this comment will be posted for others. Here you go the pics.
By the way, the conditioner didn’t work. I really doubt that this hotel can be rated as a 5 star.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank annafilipova231
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Old hotel room should not be confused with Classic. No air as the Mayor had not allowed the hotels to turn-on. Another close by hotel with rooftop bar had their air on in the lobby... Welcome 'drink' was in-fact a glass of fruit juice (not fresh juice either.)

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Nothing about this hotel is 5 star. The experience & the quality of the decor does not come remotely close to the description given on hotels own website - a complete miss representation of the facts. There was nothing deluxe about our deluxe room. Very small & shaby no tea/coffee making facilities. When I spoke to reception about this she just kept repeating the room was deluxe.

Stayed: May 2018