2,708 results
All reviews free water train station free shuttle one night leaning tower minute walk mini bar shuttle service lovely hotel the main shopping street single room the hotel offers hotel shuttle quiet street breakfast room across the river tea and coffee making facilities
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in this hotel for three nights as part of a personalised tour of Tuscany and Venice. It is well located being less than 20 and 10 minutes walk from the Piazza del Duomo and the railway station respectively; so ideal for a short break or a stopover. Given the location of the hotel, our room (facing the inner courtyard and terrace) was exceptionally quiet with little or no traffic noise.

Our bedroom was reasonably sized, clean, well decorated and incorporated all the usual amenities expected from a 4* hotel including, unusually for Italy, a kettle and a well provisioned courtesy tray. There was a reasonably priced and well stocked mini-bar in the room. Free bottles of still and carbonated water were provided each day, which was a bonus. The bathroom was on the small side but again it was well appointed and above all clean. The check-in was fast and efficient. All the hotel staff were extremely friendly and most helpful.

The hotel does not serve dinner but there are plenty of restaurants close at hand. The continental buffet breakfast was served in the bar/breakfast room. There was a good selection of cold dishes and fresh fruit on offer; for those who enjoy a cooked breakfast there was a small selection from the hot tray.

The hotel features a small but comfortable residents lounge on the ground floor and a small bar offering a good selection of drinks at reasonable hotel prices. For us the real bonus was the terrace located within the inner courtyard. This offered a sanctuary where we could sit and relax with a drink after a busy day sightseeing “priceless”.

There is a courtesy car service between the hotel, airport and railway station. We used it when we arrived in Pisa and within 10 minutes of phoning the hotel their car arrived to pick us up at the airport.

So all in all we would defiantly use the Hotel Bologna again if we found ourselves in Pisa. One word of warning, if you intend to use the hotel car park; be aware that spaces can be limited and parking tricky. We watched a number of travel weary motorists attempting to park their cars within the inner courtyard!

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Gwilym F
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely central hotel, but a good walk to the tower. Really big room and excellent shower room. Very friendly staff. Generous breakfast in pleasant breakfast room. If you book directly with the hotel they will pick you up from the railway station or airport, you just ring them on arrival, and it was a great service to be able to book to go back to the airport, no waiting for unreliable taxis.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My good experience of this hotel started when I arrived at Pisa airport, passed through immigration, called the hotel and was collected 15 minutes later by the hotel's complementary shuttle bus. The driver and reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. As a lone traveller I found my single room very clean and comfortable. I would be pleased to return to this hotel with my wife and would recommend it to my friends.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Very comfortable hotel in a great part of Pisa. Easy walk to shopping and train station. Good breakfast. Very comfortable room (suite) that was quite and very roomy. Good sized bathroom with separate shower and a large soaking tub. Staff were all very kind and helpful.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Wonderful relaxing stay. Great location only a few minutes from the train station and the supermarkets, and not too far to walk to the tower either. I had a single room so it was through the outdoor corridor (only a few steps away from reception) which meant I had more privacy, as I didn't have to walk through reception to leave and arrive. Keys are in the form of cards so you don't have to hand them in. Room was fine, coffee and kettle, minibar with free water, plenty of plug sockets including one right by the bed. Bring earplugs though; could hear every moan and groan from the neighbouring rooms!

Breakfast was wonderful; it's open until 10:30, I always went down a little before 10 and there was still plenty of food left; there was a machine with oranges to make freshly squeezed orange juice, another machine that made pancakes, plus cakes, pastries (although these were always gone by 10), hot chocolate, fruit salad, cereals, scrambled eggs and Italian bacon. Delicious!

On the negative side: All the electricity cuts out when the card is not in its slot inside the room, so you can't charge electronics while you're out, which is annoying (could potentially get around this by leaving a credit card in the slot while you're out!). What spoilt the stay for me was, the cleaners took the 'Do Not Disturb' sign off my door and came in anyway, every day of my stay. I even went to reception to ask that they did not come into my room again during my stay, and the receptionist put a note on my room to ensure the cleaners didn't come in. However, the next day the cleaners continued to ignore the 'Do Not Disturb' sign, came into my room without my permission, and took all the presents I'd bought for my family and put them in a bin bag. WHY??? See this is why I don't like cleaning staff coming into my room; they never just clean, they always do something really weird that makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. Not to mention the whole invasion of privacy issue. But if you don't mind people coming into your room without permission and going through your personal belongings, picking them up and putting them in bags, then would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo