B&B Carla(Pisa)
Affittacamere Delfo(Pisa)
2,656 results
All reviewsthe riverfree watertrain stationfree shuttleone nightleaning towerlovely hotelminute walkshuttle servicemini barthe main shopping streetsingle roomhotel shuttlethe hotel offersquiet streetbreakfast roompastries
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Easy to walk to from the railway station (approx. 15 mins).
Great location for attractions; Tower only 20 mins walk.
Hotel was lovely and clean. You can book an airport transfer for 5 euros pp and it takes 10-15 mins.
Had a lovely glass of Rose wine at the bar.
Breakfast was really good. We had stayed in Florence for 2 nights previous and this breakfast was far superior. There was an issue with no marmalade but lets not get too picky!
Staff were really friendly and full of helpful advice re attractions, maps and places to eat.
The lift broke on the morning of our departure but someone was despatched to our room to carry our cases.
The room (for 3) was plenty big enough; the view towards the mountains was lovely and there was a small balcony (one chair) you could sit on. En suite was amply supplied for 3 persons and there were slippers in the wardrobe too (a nice touch).
Beds were comfortable and we had a good nights sleep.
Would recommend this hotel. I think there was an outdoor patio (we could see it from our room), it looked really nice but we didn't use it.
Loved Pisa

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Hotel was situated in easy walking distance to the Tower etc. Reception very helpful with directions & recommending a restaurant for dinner. Liked the inclusive airport transfer if hotel was booked direct. Found driver to be polite & courteous. Breakfast was fine with a good choice of dishes. Room was clean & comfortable but as our window looked out onto a wall found it lacked the four star standard, especially when woken by the staff who were talking in the area below our windows. Would stay again as position of hotel suited us.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a window which offers light not a view of a brick wall
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher P
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Quite a few mixed reviews on this hotel and I am not surprised. In my opinion it struggles to make four stars, but maybe we have been spoilt by staying in good 4-star hotels. The biggest issue as others appear to mention is paying for a four star when the product isn't up to that standard. First the positives, and why I have them as 3 stars, and why it's not the end of the world if you read this and have already booked it!
1) All the staff were polite and helpful. From check in to breakfast staff they all did a great job.
2) Location - yes, it's excellent and my 5-year-old even managed the walk to the Leaning Tower - only one way though and a taxi back.
3) Breakfast was good but basic. The quality of coffee was not great but the fresh Orange juice was.
4) Complimentary shuttle was good but in Pisa the distance to the airport and station are not far.
5) Mini bar prices very reasonable, free water is good as is tea making facilities. This is the first hotel I have stayed at where they don't fleece you at the mini-bar e.g. Coke 1.90Eur.
Issues
1) It just doesn't feel like a 4 star! The rooms don't feel fresh, bed linen was just about ok, towels basic and the view from the room wasn't great. However, the room and bathroom were clean.
2) What four-star hotel turns the AC off so you can't use it unless they want you to! Thankfully we could open the windows and unlike other reviews it wasn't noisy.
3) Breakfast. We saw a family waiting for a table as seating area is not that big. I can imagine a longer waiting time in the summer.

Would I stay again? Yes, if I need average accommodation close to all sites, but it will definitely depend on the price.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tupacd
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Well placed hotel near the Main Street. Our family room was a strange shape, but that’s fine, it looked roughly like the website photos. The staff were pretty jaded and disinterested. The problem was when we went to bed - it was pretty noisy from the plumbing and the bar downstairs. But it was the hot temp that kept us awake, the air conditioning did not work. Later I opened the windows and the kids managed to get to sleep. When I mentioned this to the reception in the morning I got ‘the air con only works when it is warm weather, otherwise it’s just heating’. She really did not care, and I can’t believe it’s never happened before. So €200 for that felt like a rip off. Only good thing was the breakfast - good selection and attentive staff. Booking.com customers have to pay for the airport transfer. I wouldn’t stay here again.

Room Tip: Don’t accept rooms 114, 214 etc. Awful.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Thanks Alessandro, best ever check in personal I have ever seen, the room was the best, with all the amenities, breakfast great, the best patisserie of Italy, hope be there one more time in my life , I hope Alessandro will be there again, give him a medal as the best employee

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family