“What a Find..”

Price range: US$23 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The bistro of my dreams is the little tiny restaurant; it’s the cute shop where you can go for a coffee or a glass of wine. It’s a place where you can eat the traditional Italian dish, sip a good wine and meet your people. It’s a place where you can chat while eating spaghetti, while learning secrets, sipping a “brunello”, or a grappa while listening to music or reading a book. Where love gets done and undone. And coffee. Where you’re early and it gets late. Here you are in my home. You are my guests and friends among friends. Here is my piano and my guitar, my books, my music; here’s the best recipe my mom gave me, and some biscotti and my grandpa’s Vinsanto wine.
Reviewed 4 November 2018

It was our first visit to Pisa and we went for a walk on our last night to have a meal. We came across this restaurant early in the evening when it was almost empty. The surroundings inside were lovely. We were more than happy with the food items and we had a long lovely evening of food and drinks. As the evening went on it got busier and busier and the amazing thing was that there was only one young lady doing everything but with ease. Her name was Eugenia (I hope I have that right). She was so helpful and kind and professional. Thank you, it was a very lovely evening. Would certainly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed 29 October 2018

We booked this restaurant for the first dinner of our Tuscany holiday, based on location and reviews. It provided a great start to the week.

Located on a small square just south of the river, with tables inside or outside, we were able to enjoy the warm, early autumn weather, watch people wander by and see a small troupe of performers in action. It's a great setting.

The menu offered a good choice of dishes, all of which were well cooked and presented. The service is friendly, and probably a bit slow for some, but adequate when you're not in any hurry and the surroundings are relaxed and enjoyable. The recommendations from the wine list were both good, and reasonably priced. We could have stayed for ages, had we not been tired after our journey. We thoroughly recommend this place.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We just had one night in Pisa and decided on Il Bistrot based on location and reviews. Had a lovely night with a couple of glasses of recommended wine and some very decent food. Staff were very helpful and friendly and take great pride in what they do. Go and check it out. It’s most definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We visited for our 40th wedding anniversary booked in advance and not disappointed. Lovely touch by the staff presenting us with some bubbly as a celebration and gave us a warm welcome. Lots of locals in the square enjoying family time and nice meals. We went on a Sunday and the square had a children’s entertainer all well behaved having a lovely time.
The food well it’s in our opinion 5 star good value and tasted lovely. Best steak we have had and deserts to die for!

Just go if you are in Pisa it’s easy to find but make sure you book in advance

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank paulmaureenandmolly
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

This was the last stop on an Italy adventure for my wife and I. We’d had a couple of meals in Pisa already, as well as further afield, and we tried Il Bistrot after a search on Tipadvisor. We were not disappointed.

Off the main street it would be easy to miss. The piazza is pleasant, we opted to eat indoors for a change and the restaurant has a rustic charm about it. The food menu isn’t huge but the food was delicious start to finish (we made our through shrimp, duck, clams, pasta, cheesecake and tiramisu) accompanied by very good wine - and plenty to choose from on the drinks side.

Two two ladies waiting on the tables were both very warm and friendly - a lovely way way to finish off our trip.

Date of visit: August 2018