Review Highlights
Roman walls with Medieval additions

Three towers were added during the Medieval period and it was a strong fortification system up... read more

Reviewed 18 October 2018
on_the_go_98765
Tucson
Interesting and Historic Fort in Livorno

Reviewed 23 July 2018
David M
Brandon, FL

Recommended experiences in and around Livorno
from US$131.15
from US$69.43
from US$108.77
More Info
All reviews old port protected medieval tower history
Reviewed 23 July 2018

I was in Florence on business and had a day off. A colleague and I traveled to Livorno and we visited this fort. The fort is interesting and historic. The views of Livorno are marvelous from the top of the fort. I would definitely return to the fort if I ever get back to Livorno. Why not a 5 rating - good question. Sections of the fort need renovation and it was hard to figure out how to get into the fort - no signs or directions.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Beautiful! The romance of a port, the smell of the sea, a labyrinth of scales and rooms. A sensitive experience, full of odours, sounds and spectacular views. The entrance is free.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 14 January 2018

This is the old fort at the port. Interesting enough to look around but we didn't spend a lot of time here. The new fort is also open in town.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

This, the old fort, protected the port for many, many years. It is a most impressive construction, and well worth a visit.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Very attractive old fort located close to the port, we had a nice gentle stroll early evening, good fresh air and not crowded with tourists, a really relaxing time

Date of experience: April 2017