Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Europa(Livorno)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnaval academythe hotel offersbeautiful hotelthe air conditioningsmall hotelbreakfastsea
Reviewed 17 September 2016

This small family run hotel is not to be missed. Well situated on the road that follows the line of the beach and sea. Bus stop close by the hotel for busses up or down the coastal road. Many cafes, restaurants and beach amenities close by. We were greeted with a smile when we checked in being given a delightful room on the ground floor with easy access to the lounge and garden. Breakfast was outstanding and all 3 sisters and family members went out of their way to make us feel as though we were family too including specially purchasing soya yoghurt for our breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2016

The hotel is very well organise and the rooms are clean. The staff is always really available and they help you during your stay (I had a problem and they help me). As reported, the breakfast is good and complete with sweet and salt food.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2016

I used to live in Livorno more than forty years ago, and every day I walked past this hotel on Viale Italia, opposite the Naval Academy. Back in town for a reunion with old friends, I booked a room here for my wife and myself.

The location of the hotel is very good for the seaside and the Academy, and only a short walk from the main seaside promenade (terrazza Mascagni); the centre is a couple of km away, but there is a bus stop very close and buses are very frequent. In good weather, a walk to the centre is little more than half an hour.

The hotel has the look and feel of a family home in a rather elegant style. Nice sitting room and bar on the ground floor, marble staircase, large, elegant rooms with parquet floors and wood furniture kept in perfect order. Our room was probably redecorated not long ago and was in very good condition, benefiting from a good sized bathroom with a window, a rarity in hotels nowadays. We also had a good, reliable free wifi connection.

Very good buffet breakfast, with a good choice of breakfast toast, croissants and such like, cured meats, cheese, coffees and fruit juice. We had a good chat with the two ladies who run the place and who are both English, but living here since the late 70's.

In summary - great hotel, we'll run, quiet, elegant, in a very good location. The hotel looks charming too.

The price? At less than 100 euros per night at this time, definitely appealing.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2015

We stayed only one night, it was easy to reach (in front of the well known Academy) and from the first sight it looked warm and comfortable. All of the staff were friendly but professional, and the morning breakfast was full of goods. Nice rooms, clean and large.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Rickniky
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Have booked the hotel via internet and received booking confirmation with the agreed total rate which included 3 house trained pet dogs. The overall agreed as per booking rate was reduced by 10 euros. This was clearly mentioned in the written agreement. At the time of settling the bill, a very unprofessional "receptionist" stated that the agreed price was a mistake by their part and that we had to pay the full amount, i.e. 10 euros more. I did not want to start and argument and decided to pay and leave although I felt I should have called the Carabinieri but given the attitude of the person I was dealing I did not think it warranted any further discussion or justified wasting my time any further. Disgraceful overall and cannot believe they deserve to be in the hospitality business.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family