“So-so experience despite great reputation”

Ristorante Buca Mario
Ranked #293 of 3,025 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$57 - US$86
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Very nice, knowledgeable wait staff. Our experience however suggested a restaurant that may have been great but for us was simple average. There was a line at the door when the place opened, suggesting that many of us had all gotten the same recommendation from our hotel concierges. We found smaller, local places much more adventurous and a better value.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,539)

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Crowded, hot, noisy, expensive, not not very good. Tourist trap. Went on a Saturday night, which might explain some of it. Very big dissapointment.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Great restaurant, with delicious food, the best choice of wine and incredibly helpful, nice and cheerful staff. Beginning from the lady responsible for reservation, ending on waiter everyone was perfect making the spirit of the place. We ordered crostini with mushrooms, carpaccio with artichokes, my husband the most delicious bistecca alla fiorentina he ever ate, I filet mignon with truffles. Delicious. Do not forget about desserts :) The waiter came with the dinner wagon full of the best italian cases and fresh fruits. Amazing place. I can fully recommend!!!!!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Good food, great service, a little pricey...there's better places to eat "Florentine-style" in the area

Reviewed 29 April 2018

This restaurant was next door to our hotel so we decided to go for dinner. The food was very tasty and very filling, make sure you go hungry. I asked the waiter to recommend a local wine and I was very happy with the Chianti he brought us. I enjoyed the food and the wine, but I think the place was a little too pricey compared to other places in Florence.