Open today: 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Essence of Italy!

We stayed here ten years ago and am perhaps planning in another Florence trip and wanted to see if... read more

Reviewed 26 April 2018
terrilynn1229
Colorado
Fantastic morning/afternoon with Eda & Giulio!

We made our reservation about a week before we left for this amazing experience. Our drive was... read more

Reviewed 17 June 2013
Real_Travel_Gatos
New York City, New York

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Unique, and a really GREAT bargain. More places like this please.... Just goes to prove what ingenuity can do for a business.

Date of experience: October 2011
2  Thank MercuryChocolates
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We visited Guilio and his partner Christina for their truffle hunting and of course eating experience on our trip to Florence. I have nothing but exclamation marks to add to previous reviews. Guilio is a wonderful host and he offers a unique experience which I will always remember . To hear about the history of his own experience with truffle hunting and to watch him hunting truffles with his dog Edda in the forest behind their beautiful home was fascinating. On our return Christina had prepared a wonderful lunch for us which we ate after Guilio showed us how to prepare the truffles for eating. These were generously shaved over every course and we finished the meal with ice cream covered with truffles honey and shaved fresh truffles . Decadent!
Guile's truffle hunting tour is easy to organize ,great value and so memorable . I am so glad we did this.

Date of experience: September 2011
6  Thank Wendy5859
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I work for Lonely Planet and I need to shoot a feature story on truffle hunting in the Florence area and Giulio was well recommended. Did I ever find the right guy! Giulio and his dog Edda were fantastic. It's just a short drive from his beautiful "Truffle House" to the Tuscan hillside where he and Edda hunt for truffles.

It didn't take them long to find some and it made for a great short film. Giulio makes the perfect guide for anyone curious/passionate about Italian cuisine, art and of course everything truffle. He is also warm, charming and a joy to spend time with.

I can highly recommend Giulio's truffle hunt as a "must do" experience while in Tuscany/Florence. The meal (using the truffles found earlier) was amazing and Christina, the chef is equally charming and quite talented in the kitchen.

It was probably one of my favorite assignments I've ever done and my best day during my Italy trip. Look for Giulio and Edda's video on lonelyplanet.com in a few months!

5  Thank JMfromTO
Reviewed 10 November 2010

This review is WAY overdue, and I feel bad about that because in my opinion La Limonaia should be rated number 1 over all of the other B&Bs in Tuscany. To the reviewer of "It's No Hilton/Marriott"'s credit he says that this was not for him - it is not a modern hotel. But don't confuse rustic with primitive. Primitive La Limonaia is not. In this case, rustic means a genuine period Tuscan villa (yes with modern and private bath and shower) with a beautiful courtyard out front, set on a hill overlooking its boundary wall from which capers grow in the limestone, with olive trees and the hills of Tuscany spread before you and the Florentine skyline in the distance. It is heaven. We have stayed there on numerous occasions and my wife and I only regret that we have not been able to be there recently. The hosts are kind, welcoming, attentive to detail, and a pleasure to be around. You can not meet more wonderful people than them anywhere else on the planet. Our only fear is that La Limonaia will become so overbooked that we will no longer be able to get a room there. "VIVE BENE, SPESSO L'AMORE, DI RISATA MOLTO" - that's La Limonaia.

6  Thank MarLay99
Reviewed 4 August 2010

There is no doubt this the place for an "authentic" experience. Unfortunately, I found out, I'm not that rustic. The hosts were warm and the breakfast delicious. Next time I'll visit for a tour, but stay in an American style hotel. I was ready to leave within the first hour. Sorry it wasn't for me.

3  Thank MLee100