All reviews train station enjoyed our stay walking distance spacious room yogurt stayed for nights square duomo tuscany
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in November 2016, we were meant to stay at the hotel next door but because of renovations they moved us to the Donatello. The room was old fashioned and huge. The breakfast was good compared to other 3 star hotels in Florence and Italy. I enjoyed the spaciousness but I think in Italy it's best to stay in 4 star or above.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
HotelDonatello, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Donatello, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear guest, thank you for your review. it was a pleasure to have you in our hotel

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The room smelled bad and dirty . i found many hairs on the bed .
Toilet is old and yellow .
No free Wifi! 21th century century!
So small breakfast ( only 1 kind of cheese and ham - no tomato or olives so on ) a real nightmare, looks more like a hostel !!! Please check attached pictures ...

Stayed: November 2017

Dear guest. Thank you for your review. i am very sorry that you weren't sattisfied.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Our Karate Team from Ukraine stayed for 3 nights at this truly comfortable and cosy hotel. We were totally satisfied with the location, service, rooms.
We had some difficulties durin our trip from Olbia, and the Hotel Manager made a good proposition for our group.
All the persons from stuff were friendly and polite. We admit that the breakfast is good, and this is important for the sportsmen.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Hotel is well situated to all major attractions. Need taxi to get to train station.
The outside looks lovely but our room was drab, noisy and was in what felt like a ground floor annex. Passage walls scuffed and needed cleaning. No tea or coffee in the rooms. Use of a safe, left luggage in reception, tea/coffee on arrival, wi fi all cost extra. Beware the city tax too.
Breakfast ok but the fruit was canned and not freshly prepared.
Overall it was adequate for the price but I would definitely not like the same room again.

Room Tip: Higher floors would not be as claustrophobic
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I have never booked a hotel this way, but I'd been to Florence 4 years ago, and stayed across the Arno in a top hotel, but needed 2 nights and wanted to be near trains station. It is NOT 60 meters, let alone 600 meters from train station. It is more like a half-mile, but that's okay, and since Florence is relatively easy to navigate you can easily walk to the Duomo, Uffizi, and Arno. I am giving a good review (and I paid 100 euros using my method) because the guy who checked me in had a great sense of humor, helped me navigate with my map, lent me a voltage converter and let me check in an hour early. There is a charge for room safe and internet use. Breakfast was average, but I'd never seen an automatic omelet maker so that was unique. Room was clean, and hotel lobby nicely decorated.

My room 324 only had a skylight and somehow at least one mosquito got in, and bearing in mind there are many species, this variety left what I first thought was a bee sting. But second night I saw the mosquito, and had huge bites on arm, on face, and blood on my pillow case, so that is really my only true objection, although the manager was all business and was not going to lend me the voltage converter even with a deposit.

But again, if you can get the $70 price I see now, and they take care of the mosquitoes (maybe housekeeper opened window while cleaning) it is a convenient location, but I think they should be clear that it is not 60m from train. In fact, it was a five minute bus ride from Plaza Independence.

Room Tip: Not room 324 with a skylight
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear guest. Thank you for your review. I really do not know on which website it is written that we are 60 meters away from the station, because on all sites it is 600 meters. Unfortunately, there are many mosquitoes in Florence and now we have in all our rooms small machines against mosquitoes