All reviews honesty bar four poster bed quiet street florentine style enjoyed our stay a great place to stay b and b within walking distance great recommendations train station tea coffee first floor visit florence main sights nice breakfast an easy walk major attractions
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The reviews of this "hotel" were great but the reality is something else!
The residenza is not clearly marked. We had to buzz for entrance. The guy who met us was great and very helpful.
But, the room has seen better days. There is no room fridge. The toilet refused to flush and no one was around to deal with it. The room service is minimal. For example, the sheets were not changed though I had spilled chocolate.
Getting back into the residenza at night is very scary. There are 4 keys to get past the gate, bottom door, door to the residenza, and room door. E of them stuck and it took quite awhile to get in.
The neighbourhood is sketchy as well.
So, beware!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Residenza_Johanna1, Direttore at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear "iceheart",

unfortunately I can not understand who you are and when you stayed with us. Generally if someone is not happy I remember very well because fortunately it is rare and because at the start I try to understand the reason and then improve myself in the future.
The first thing I want to point out is that we have a very nice girl called Genaina who every day carefully cleans the rooms by changing sheets when needed and towels so with extreme confidence I can say that it is not possible that the sheets have not been changed to unless it was you who asked for it.
I don't even know that I have problems in the bathrooms and if it were to happen anyway during the hours of our reception from 8.30 to 19.00 we would have immediately solved the fault.
Regarding the 4 keys and the area where we are located I think it's the fun part of your review because I'm very proud of the area in which we find ourselves in one of the most beautiful and stately parts of Florence in a beautiful historic building with the consulate Swedish, if your gender is different, unfortunately I can't do anything but just advise you to choose a place that's right for you next time.

Best Regards Luca

Reviewed 12 June 2018

A well-appointed room, comfortable bed, helpful staff, good air conditioner, nice breakfast, good tips on where to eat and drink. Rosa and Luca were most helpful and tolerated my attempts to speak Italian.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rmacleod14
Residenza_Johanna1, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Client,

Thank you very much for your nice comment!
We are very happy we can take care of our Guests at any time and we are really happy to hear that you appreciated our services.
Really hope to meet you once again on your next trip to Florence.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Situated in a very good position if you looking to stay out of town but close to town without all the noise. Incredible service and Luca one of the managers made our stay, he has spectacular recommendations and is an absolutely delight.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank 257stacyp
Residenza_Johanna1, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear Stacy,

We really want to thank you for so kind review.
It was a pleasure to have you here with us in Residenza Johanna. We hope to see you again in the sooner future.

take care and all the best!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

I will definitely return to Florence as it is probably my favourite place in the world. When I return I wont have to research accommodation again as I will without doubt stay in Residenza Johanna. Its proximity to all the the major attractions is a major factor but it is also nice and quiet at night time. The hotel itself has a fantastic ethos - it has an 'honesty bar' where guests are trusted to record in a book the items they have taken. The hotel is spotless, they provide generous breakfasts, the rooms are really charming, it is really safe in terms of security and above all the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful especially if you have food allergies or need to store luggage after check out. Finally Residenza Johanna is very reasonable in terms of price.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary B
Residenza_Johanna1, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Mary,

we would like to thank you for choosing us and leaving a review after your stay.

It makes us really happy to know that our guest appreciate our work and specially the atmosphere we are trying to give our clients. There is no better price to our work than knowing we were helpful to make your stay such a pleasant stay.
So again, thank you so much for choosing our home for your stay in Florence, and hope to have the pleasure to accommodate you again in the future.

All the best

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

It was as visit a private home at this little hotel. The rooms was romantic and clean. The breakfast so good with warm croissant and a lot more. The staff so kind and helpfull. The Price very low, and we a looking forward to come again. From the hotel there was around 1 km to go to the center.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Residenza_Johanna1, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear ladies,

it's such a pleasure to read your kind evaluation regarding our Residence and its staff. We are glad to understand that your stay with us has been positive and that we have been able to give you a nice experience in Florence and looking forward for your next trip in our beatifull city, we are sending our most cordial greetings.