See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. We hated it. If we could afford to have relocated we would have.
Room was very dusty, especially the bed and blankets. Room had embedded smell of cigarette smoke. We had the window open the entire time but did not get rid of the smell.
There was a pill at the foot of the bed when we arrived and even with the cleaner attending each day, they never cleaned it up...
Hotel must spend no money on general maintenance within the room. It was in poor condition.
Wifi did not work in the room. Air con did not work.
Don't stay here if you have asthma or any allergies, we became very unwell while here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017

A small Hotel in a perfect location right in the heart of the City. Just a few moments away from the Central station, Bus station and Airport transfers.

A short walk from The Santa Maria Novella, The Duomo & the River Arno.

This two star Hotel is ideal for travellers on a budget. Clean, comfortable, basic rooms with fluffy towels and double glazed windows. 24 hr Reception with very pleasant staff and a very decent breakfast at the sister Hotel, Bonciano, just a few steps along the same road.

Hot water at all times and TV, in room, with a vast number of Italian channels.

With Florence on your doorstep and nothing more than a fifteen minute walk the Hotel Spagna is worth visiting.

Enjoy
Anthony

PS They have a Lift.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Anthony K
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is situation in a great location, but apart from that I would say I've stayed in nicer hostels. The breakfast was just horrendous - if you have the option to save money and not get it, don't. Our room was fairly sized but had a massive chunk out of the wall. The air con was very loud and only just about works. The bathroom was tiny and the small space the toilet is fitted into was impractical. However the staff were in fact very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed 24 December 2016

I'm quite torn between its ups and downs. The good thing about this place is its accessibility to the train station and tourist attractions. The staff is nice enough to help us whenever we have a problem. The wifi connection is relatively good. However, the place is very much outdated, even the bed covers. We have to remove the bed covers since they seem to be accumulating dust. The bathroom is spacious enough but there is no heater. It's a good thing that it was summer in Italy during the duration of our stay.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

I'm a very optimistic guy, I try to see the good in everything... I guess the only good thing about this hotel is the location and that I didn't see any bugs.
If cleanness is not your priority, and I mean, a clean room is the last of your concerns this might be your place.
The staff and the owners seem like they give up. They're not even friendly.
This is a place that I would not recommend, and if I ever stay here again it would means that everything went south really quick or I'm drugged and dragged there.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple