1,550 results
All reviews train station quiet area arno river nice hotel minute walk ponte vecchio huge bed breakfast buffet superior room reception staff main station bed was very comfortable the ground floor old building high ceilings pastries beautiful city
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here two nights as part of our tour.

The hotel was built in the 18th century. So rooms are not standard. Hallways are small. The paint and carpets need repair.

But do not let this put you off. The rooms are immaculate and well appointed. The beds are comfortable. The breakfast is marvellous. The staff are very friendly.

We were told the hotel is going to soon be upgraded in a major way. It is a great hotel now, that will make it even better!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank YKexplorers
NH-hotels-Firenze, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at NH Firenze Anglo American, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us, we are pleased to receive your positive feedback! As you previously said, our hotel is one of the oldest and prestigious building in Florence,in fact it was build at the end of '7'00 during the Medicean era. Many influent people of the past, have stayed in our hotel, one among them is the Russian writer Lev Tolstoj.
We are really proud that you appreciated our breakfast. It is one of our strenghts, our illimited buffet is composed by different kind of salt and sweet fresh food with a strong focus on the mediterranean products, recreating the typical Italian breakfast.

We are delight to received your review and we cannot wait to see you again here in Florence, for another unforgettable experience in the city of Dante Alighieri!

Best regards,
Reception

Giulio

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

The hotek have a Good ambience, clean and tidy. Quite worth to bring children here. The breakfast is good, dinner even better
They have such a small elevator making a new problem for those who bring bigger luggage

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Ganda,
Thank you for your kind review! We work daily with passion and happiness in order to leave you unforgettable memories. For us its very important your feedback and we are glad to see that you gave us 5 stars!
We cannot wait to see you again here in Florence!

Best regards,

Reception,
Giulio

Reviewed 7 September 2018

I chose this hotel for my trip in Florence because of the previous positive reviews. And I have to admit that I was quite impressed by the quality of the service. Despite the retro style everything was functional and clean. The staff was very polite and available for any request.

1  Thank Dominik W
NH-hotels-Firenze, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at NH Firenze Anglo American, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Dominik,

thank you for having chosen NH Anglo American for your stay in Florence!

We really appreciate your positive feedback about the quality of the service! It is indeed encouraging for us to continue doing our best to look after our guests. All these words, will be shared with our great team.

We trully hope to welcome you back for another unforgettable stay.

Receptionist
Giulia

Reviewed 12 August 2018

The room was big and bathroom huge. Everything was clean. The outside sitting area was very nice during the late evening. The reason I gave this hotel 5 stars was because of the staff. Everyone was nice and ready to help. I don’t speak Italian but this was no problem. We were given excellent suggestions on sightseeing and places to eat. They really took great care of us.!!

Room Tip: I had room 160. No view but who cares? Big room, comfortable bed.
2  Thank paulmQ7116FE
NH-hotels-Firenze, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at NH Firenze Anglo American, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear guest,

We have no words to express our gratitude for your wonderful review!

We are glad to know that you had an excellent experience, thanks to our unbeatable location, our personalized and attentive service from all the staff and our healthy and good cleaning service.

All the NH Anglo American Team is looking forward to welcoming you and your dear wife back soon!

Best Regards,

Receptionist,
Giulia

Reviewed 12 August 2018

This is a pleasant enough hotel in a quiet location, about a 20 minute walk to Ponte Vecchio. Its rooms are small, lighting a little dim but the beds are clean and very comfortable. Reception is good, there were pleasant staff and a welcoming atmosphere.
Breakfast is reasonable with a mixture of continental foods available. The staff are helpful and a nice touch was that on my birthday they gave a surprise plate with a candle at breakfast. It was much appreciated.
On the down side, this hotel does not have a restaurant, despite there being sites that say it does! It only has a breakfast room. There is a limited menu room service. The main thing for me was there was no one at the bar at 4.00pm and I could not get a drink until it would be staffed at 6.00pm. The receptionist did offer to go and get something if it was something she could do. It was a little bizarre to have adverts around the hotel for special offer cocktails but not being able to get one! I have not been in a hotel that says it is 4* that does not have bar facilities in the afternoon!
We upgraded to this hotel but felt that it was not 4* as suggested. I would probably do more research about location and facilities if I had my time again. A pleasant enough stay but not quite what I was expecting.