2,381 results
All reviews complimentary afternoon tea train station lovely hotel within walking distance minute walk recommend this hotel main attractions pastries comfortable stay three nights star hotel our honeymoon breakfast was delicious breakfast room would definitely stay here again central market wonderful stay
Reviewed 3 October 2015

You never know what you're going to get when you stay at a 3 star hotel in Europe. Sometimes, it's better value for the price, and sometimes, you leave disappointed. We chose this hotel based on the phenomenal reviews on Tripadvisor. There were good things and not so good things and frankly, I was hoping for a better experience.

The good things: Reception staff and Lorenzo, in particular, were great. I had read many reviews on Lorenzo before booking, and he certainly lives up to the lovely reviews that travellers have written about him. We had arrived a few hours early before check in, and he was able to give us a room immediately. Very nice. The security at the hotel is good; the front door is locked and reception needs to buzz you in--it's a great piece of mind to know that the hotel values the security of you and your things in a large city. The location is excellent--safe, convenient, walking distance to the attractions, while still being in a driving enabled area of the city when it's time to leave for the airport. The bed was a good size but rather hard, and the room and bathroom were small but, it is Europe and Rapallo is not a large hotel, so one has to understand that, most of the time, this can be expected. In any event, we had little issue with it. The air conditioning was not working at first but Lorenzo immediately attended to the issue, and he had it fixed as best he could. Again, Lorenzo offered excellent and expedient service.

Now, the things we recommend the hotel work on: the breakfast and the mosquitoes. I haven't got a clue as to why there are so many good reviews about the breakfast. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I suppose. I hate writing negative things but it has to be said: it was awful. The bananas and pre-packaged yogurt were fine but the hard-boiled eggs were dry and tasted like they had been boiled for 25 mins the night before and refrigerated, and by the looks of everything else, I can't say I wanted to try it. Most importantly--the coffee. The coffee was terrible. At the end of the day, we are in Italy, right? How can there not be good, if not even decent, coffee at an Italian hotel? I have had better coffee at gas stations across Italy. Each morning, we would have a banana, and yogurt and then go to the coffee shop a few blocks away. La Cocotte--excellent, by the way.

I thought about writing about the mosquitoes and whether to include them in this review. On the one hand, mosquitoes are mosquitoes; it could be the time of year, the misfortune of the hotel for having them and so on. On the other hand, it affected our experience so greatly that it must be shared. We never once opened the windows. They would fly through the door the minute we opened it, if even for just a second. There were mosquitoes in our room every night. While hunting for them each night before sleeping, I found evidence that we were not the only ones who had this problem. Previous travellers, who had once occupied this room, also had the same issue. How do I know this? There were squashed, dead mosquitoes on the walls.

Also, I'd suggest that the hotel ensures that the cable box is not precariously dangling on top of the TV.

I know this sounds bad, but to be fair, I do believe, that if you are reading this and debating whether to stay here, the hotel can fix these things, clean the walls and offer a better breakfast. Perhaps the other rooms were fine? Not sure.

The hotel itself is okay but some things need refinement. It would have been nice to have had a better experience.

3  Thank dietrichjones
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2015

Thanks for your comment, we are very pleased of course read many positive comments of our guests, but we are aware that this is possible because we always great reference, and we attach great importance to the criticism that sometimes even arrive. I can now tell you that the boiled eggs and coffee in the morning will be improved. Currently the coffee is prepared from a Nespresso machine that I think a mark of exceptional quality. I agree that the best coffee is what we Italians prepare in the morning with our coffee maker at home. But in a hotel we find the right mix for a very varied clients, and the coffee is a very difficult taste. Eggs must be better prepared and I'm sure that just having a good attention to this. I'm really sorry that your experience was not as hoped, but for us it was still a pleasure to have hosted, and we hope you will come back to us.

Reviewed 2 October 2015

Great little hotel with excellent customer service - close to everything, clean and modern, friendly, helpful, efficient staff. We would definitely stay again. They were able to book tickets for us at the last minute and helped with dinner reservations. Breakfast had a good selection too.

Stayed: September 2015

Thank you for your appreciation, all of our staff thanks you and hopes to be able to serve again.

Reviewed 2 October 2015

The hotel is in a good position only 10 minutes from the railway station and the city centre. The cleanliness and modern decor throughout the hotel is of a very high standard. All the staff are very efficient and friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. The choice for breakfast is varied and the free soft drinks and snacks in the afternoon are very welcome after a day's sightseeing. My sister and I had a great week here. I would recommend Florence and this hotel to anyone. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are pleased that your stay has been wonderful for you, thanks to the appreciation of the breakfast and the service. We hope to have you soon as our guests

Reviewed 2 October 2015

We arrived at Rapallo Hotel at 10am on Friday morning and asked to leave our bags while we went out to explore Florence. To our amazement, our room was ready. Great start!!! We were shown up to the room and the controls & safe were explained to us which was unnecessary but a personal touch.

The room itself was perfect. Definitely up there with the best rooms that we've stayed in worldwide!!! For the first time ever, we had a balcony which was great. We arrived back after a long day sightseeing and got a couple of beers out of the fridge (beers not provided) and just relaxed outside before retiring for the night.

We were up early the next day and went down for breakfast. What a spread!!! For a complimentary breakfast, it was really impressive. I can't think of anything else that I would have wanted.

The only downside to our stay was the front doors to the hotel. They were always locked which was annoying. I can understand the doors being locked at night for security but every time we wanted to go out or come in, we had to be let out or in by the reception staff. At one point, we were outside for over a minute trying to get in.

1  Thank TornxTissue

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased that you found our hotel in a convenient location for your needs, and our service to the height of your expectations.
A greeting

Reviewed 1 October 2015

Very comfortable room with kettle provided. We appreciated the afternoon refreshments and we found the location very convenient for all the main sites. We would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to visit Florence.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
lorenzo c, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Rapallo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

Dear guest, thank you for your comment and I hope will have occasion to come back to us.
Greetings