2,205 results
All reviews rooftop pool piazza santa maria novella train station lovely square within walking distance family suite free mini bar lovely hotel perfect location few minutes walk superior room breakfast was included our honeymoon major attractions main sights central florence pastries
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We were here for four nights and Grand Hotel Minerva was excellent. The hotel is very stylish,and clean. The staff is fantastic and our room was cleaned 3 times daily. The linens were amazing. It is centrally located and everything is within a short walking distance.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This hotel isn't cheap but it is very nice, chic and stylish, the location is perfect for visiting all the attractions in Florence. The breakfast was nice, the hotel is very clean, staff helpful and very pleasant all round. The room we had was spacious, stylishly decorated and had effective air conditioning. The pool was a bonus and very welcome. Only negative was we had a cocktails in the rooftop bar, a Singapore Sling which was 20 Euros each and was just watery and disappointing, for 20 Euros, (and I dont mind paying) I would expect a really nice cocktail, not something that was like weak cordial/squash with minimal alcohol

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Filippo_Burroni, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Mark J,
let me first of all thank you for choosing our property and taking the time to review it. We are glad that you had an overall nice experience with us. Please accept my apologizes for the quality of your Singapore Slings. I think we located your stay in our system and we had the chance to talk to our staff working on that night. Unfortunately our chef bartender was not there on that night, but in the meantime he had the chance to revise the correct preparation of your cocktail.

I hope you will visit us again in the future and that you will give our rooftop bar a second chance.

With my kindest regards,

Filippo Burroni

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel at the heart of the city walkable to everything. The staff was fantastic and rooms were incredible. We spent 3 nights here and I didn’t want to leave. Wish I could come back ASAP!!!! Can’t wait for our next trip to Italy I’ll be sure to include Florence into the into ready because of this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beata K
Filippo_Burroni, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear Beata K,
many thanks for having booked us and for your nice words of appreciation. We are truly happy to have contributed to a nice stay in Florence. The hotel there since almost 150 years now and we are planning to be there for even longer! We’ll be glad to have you as a guest soon (or later)!
With my kindest regards,

Filippo Burroni – General Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We didn't stay at the hotel, however the rooftop bar was open to anyone after 7pm. We went here on our final night in Florence. The views are breath taking. The drinks were expensive, however you paid for what you got....great views over looking Florence and the cocktails were pretty special. They came with nibbles. The atmosphere here at sunset was amazing. It was so chilled away from the busy streets. The service was great also. all in all we had a great time here.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie W
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I was lucky enough to secure x2 last minute nights at Grand Hotel Minerva, and I loved every moment.
From the staff to the spacious rooms, and beautiful rooftop pool, everything was wonderful.
The location is perfect, and the breakfast is delicious. I’d come back here in a heartbeat.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo