All reviews kosher restaurant kosher breakfast great synagogue quadruple room budget hotel breakfast spread small hotel the main tourist minute walk the air conditioning small room clean hotel tourist attractions visiting florence central location ponte vecchio elton
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel had a classic look and we found it charming. It was a close walk to all the important sites you'd want to see. It has a delicious restaurant across the street. The staff was so helpful each and every one of them. The woman working the front desk booked a tour for us and when the tour company was late with the shuttle service she got us a cab and assured it knew where to take us. The room was a unique style and we loved it. Overall would stay again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights during our honeymoon. We started off in Rome at the il Cantico, and it was a huge difference coming from that very modern hotel to this one that was so dated, but I didn't mind it at all. The room decor was definitely a little worn and faded, but still very clean and comfortable! And I actually loved the high ceiling with the beautiful fresco! They do have an elevator but it is probably the smallest elevator I have ever seen! It could barely fit my husband and I with our luggage! But it still worked fine so no complaints there! And the staff were incredibly welcoming, helpful and friendly! Our second night there, our air conditioner started pouring water out of it so we had to turn it off and it got a little hot in the room. The next morning we told the front desk about the issue and they were extremely apologetic and it was all fixed by the time we returned later in the day. Also, the manager went out of his way to come and ask us how everything was and apologize again for the issue. So basically they were awesome! Breakfast was always very good as well, and there is a wonderful restaurant right across the street! So even though it was a bit dated, I would still recommend it to anyone visiting Florence!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

This Hotel is very small, dated and not the cleanest. Depending on what you’re looking for and how long you’ll be there I would go somewhere else. The staff however if very nice. There are better options in Florence.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2018

I can't say enough good things about the extra effort and kindness the owners and staff of this small hotel showed when I had the misfortune of badly twisting my knee on cobblestones while staying in Florence. They recommended a good local hospital (better than those recommended by my travel insurance company) specializing in orthopedic care and sports injuries. They brought me as much ice as I requested as often as I requested it (not always readily available in Europe) from their affiliated restaurant across the street so I could ease the pain and swelling. They provided ice packs. They called cabs for us. They called several local pharmacies to help us locate where to purchase crutches (not as simple a task as it would seem). When we still could not locate a store selling the specific type of crutches I needed (24 hours after my injury), the front desk person called his mother and had her bring a pair of crutches he had used previously when he hurt his ankle playing soccer. They refused to accept payment for the crutches, and told me to keep them -- which I did (they enabled me to walk enough so I could continue my trip). I will forever be indebted to them for truly going the extra mile to help get us through what could have otherwise been a trip-ending event. Highly reccommend!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel... Easy walks to major sights...The staff was friendly and helpful..the rooms were clean...My daughter and I felt comfortable there...Not that many restaurants near the hotel, just one across the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family