See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Beautiful environment and magnificent high rooms nicely decorated. Of all facilities. Fine pool for the entire day to enjoy! Supermarket nearby as well as restaurants in the beautiful old town of Cortona.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Some people dream about a 2nd home in Toscany. Our House in Tuscany is situated on the estate of Vittorio at the foot of Cortona, only 10 min. by car. Almost every year we want TO BE THERE. Because if the atmosphere, the beautifull apartments, nice swimming pool, birds singing, started early in the morning by the nightingale.
Specially recommended for family-reunions.
The hosts Vittorio and Allessandra became friends.
A beautifull place to be! To read your favourite books, to paint, to cook with friends. Just beleave in your Tuscany Dream!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank francesco8585
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Stayed here on the second leg of an Italian adventure. Not much happening in the immediate area, but a fantastic base for flying around. Felt very rural, even though its almost on a main road. Quiet, laid back and a lovely layout. Staff were most helpful and welcoming. Even the local moggy-cat was there with us for the duration. Must have been the salami. Dream like perfection would sum this place up. Excellent!!!!!!

Room Tip: All looked good, just like a quiet village setting. Ours was first and last on the right by the pool. Perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I first stayed here 5 years ago and found Il Casale perfect for what we wanted - comfortable, well equipped, good grounds and a good location close to Cortona and the wonderful countryside around. I returned here in May for a foolw-up visit to do parts of the regions we had run out of time for in the first visit, and found it even better. Alessandra and the other staff there were most helpful and made us feel very special. We look forward to another visit soon!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
ownerCortona, Proprietario at Residence Il Casale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Thank you Michael!
I hope to see you again at Il Casale!
Vittorio

Reviewed 21 June 2015

Another wonder vacation in Cortona at my favorite home away from home...This time I am traveling with my brother and sister-in-law....As always, the people bring us back...the friendly, accommodating service and beautiful surrounding bring me back ...4th year...AND I could travel ANYWHERE in the world, but this place is where I find rest, solace, friendship and comfort......sounds like "home"...........

Room Tip: Ask for Judy's apartment....the best!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family