“Love, love, love!”

Tuscan Wine Somm
Ranked #6 of 17 Tours in Cortona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A qualified local Sommelier will let you have a true feel for winemaking life from grape to bottle. Right from the vineyards it is possible for me to teach you about the vine, the ground and grape (terroir) what happens outdoors, indoors, and the entire wine process. Anytime you are in Tuscany and would like to discover everything our unique wine culture has to offer and be able to relay all you have experienced confidently with friends and family after returning home. Having a wine guide will also afford you the luxury of getting to visit some of the smaller family run wineries that are not necessarily open to the general public and to see first-hand how they make their wines and enjoy intimate tastings. Tired of run of the mill wine clubs? A wine guide can select local wines and have them shipped directly to you. Now you can have your own private sommelier who will handpick the best-blended case for you and have it sold and shipped directly to you by a local Tuscan wine shop. When visiting Tuscany, wine lovers like to have someone with local in-depth knowledge to share with them. I can give you an experience that will be refreshing, knowledgeable and fun in a way only a local sommelier can to give. I promise your time spent with me will truly be an unforgettable experience. Your adventure begins the minute you reach out to contact me; your friendly, English speaking, private guide. While with me you will learn all, you would ever want to know about wines from the Tuscan region with a deep understanding and feel for this beautiful land and for the people who live here and for those who dedicate their whole lives to wine making!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I heard about Davide’s tours from a travel FB page after asking for advice on wineries in Tuscany. After multiple emails back and forth with him, Davide designed two full days of tastings for us. The first day he picked us up in Montalcino and took us to 3 small/medium size wineries to learn about the fantastic Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino wines. We really enjoyed the wineries he chose, and especially loved the connection we made with the family at the winery where we had lunch! At each winery it was just the 3 of us (my husband and I, along with Davide) visiting, and we so much enjoyed the personal, even intimate, feel. So much better than going with huge groups of people where they just rush you through everything. We took our time, were able to ask questions and really enjoyed the experience. The only small disappointment was that we were so busy “experiencing” that we forgot to take many pictures. Oops!

The day after the Montalcino area tour we drove to Rome, appreciating Davide’s tips on things to see along the route. After Rome, we headed to Cortona and stayed at his family’s estate for 3 nights. We fell in love with it! They have a 4-bedroom villa that sleeps 8-10, two 2-bedroom apartments and a 1-bedroom apartment. It was so amazing. We were really wishing we had just stayed here the entire time instead of going to Montalcino and instead of spending time in Rome. We’re already trying to figure out how to go back with friends and stay there again! His family was so warm and hospitable and made us feel right at home. Every request was immediately taken care of.

Our second tour we did with Davide was in Cortona and Montepulciano. There we learned about and sampled some wonderful locally produced Syrah, Merlot and Vin Santo wines, along with excellent Vino Nobile di Montepulciano. Among the many things we learned, I found out that even though I don’t really like dessert wines, I wanted to lick the last drops of Vin Santo from the glass at one of the wineries. Again, the wineries he picked were amazing, lunch was absolutely delicious, and I felt like we connected with the warm and welcoming folks at the wineries. We will be ordering more wine and having it shipped back to the US for us. Unfortunately, we had the same problem with this tour – we were so busy “experiencing” that we forgot to document with photos. Make sure you have your camera out and take lots of pictures!

We just can’t say enough about Davide or his tours – he is so professional and passionate about his calling. We will be back but next time we’ll take a Chianti Classico tour. Thank you, Davide, for such a wonderful time. We fell in love with Tuscany and you played a huge part in that! Arrivederci, because we will see you again!

All reviews
"grapes"
"stops"
"cellar"

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We would like to thank David for this amazing experience, for his knowledge and for showing us some of the best vineyards which we both loved! We have never been to a vineyard so his choices was perfect for learning all about the quality of wines and the processes.
He was professional and passionate about his job and most of all very friendly so made the experience so much more relaxed. We would recommend davide to anyone who is looking to experience the best of vineyards in tuscany, he is the perfect host and guide!!!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Davide was excellent and did such an amazing job. He took us to super unique vineyards all over Tuscany. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a wine tour. He is extremely knowledge and it was such a great way to see a beautiful region and experience the wines first hand.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing experience exploring small wineries in Tuscany with Davide as our guide! He was able to secure private tastings with a range of winemakers and owners. Davide did an incredible job of planning, translating, etc. My mom knows almost nothing about wine and she was thrilled with the experience. The more knowledgeable people in our group were also impressed.

tuscanwinesomm, Proprietario at Tuscan Wine Somm, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Hi Laura, was great meeting and hosting you all, Thank you.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We were extremely fortunate to learn about Davide from a friend of a friend. Davide offers a whole range of services throughout Tuscany. He can purchase mixed cases of wine for your stay in Tuscany or guide you and a group on winery tours. We spent two days with Davide as our guide in Montalcino and Chianti. He is extremely serious and passionate about wine, but he is also funny, genuine and personable. Our group was challenging because we had a very broad range of tastes and knowledge, from novices to those with industry experience. Davide was attentive to each member of our large group. He picked fantastic, hard-to-find producers and arranged for tours with the winemakers themselves. He also helped to translate between us and the winemakers. This type of guidance is invaluable for non-insiders who want a more informative and intimate wine tasting experience in Tuscany. There was never any pressure or expectation that we would purchase from the places we visited. The price was all inclusive. Highly, highly recommended!

tuscanwinesomm, Proprietario at Tuscan Wine Somm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Thank you Andrew for this beautiful review,
I love my job, I try to share as much as I can.