“Delish ”

Ranked #3 of 305 Restaurants in Taormina
Price range: US$58 - US$104
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ristorante con cucina siciliana ,nazionale ed intenazionale con più di 800 etichetta da tutto il mondo
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Fabulous food and service and delightful atmosphere in a cozy alley. The owners were attentive and we were absolutely satisfied. We wish this was at home so we could go all the time.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I have eaten in many Michelin star restaurants and Vineria Modi can certainly hold its own! The octopus and potatoes was sublime! We then followed up with the lamb and the cod respectively followed by the panacotta and the cannoli. We also discovered that the chef was a she and only 23! She prepared her dishes with an outstanding level of artistry and perfection! Loved every bit of this meal!

1  Thank rswworth
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Tonight was our 6th night in Sicily, and if you’ve seen our prior reviews you’ve got to realize by now we love our food and wine. We’ve been to Michelin 1 star and 2 star restaurants, hard to get to sleepers, hotel restaurants, local taveranas etc. as it turned out and we had no idea the best meal was tonight. The hotel we stayed at wasn’t familiar with it, travel agents didn’t know it but other google reviewers and trip advisers did review it and we decided to trust you!!!!

What a gem!! The dinner, the service and the down at home feeling they gave you is truly special. I’ll be shocked if they don’t have at least one Michelin star before the year is over. Before I say anything about the food let me tell you they have one of the most engaging wine lists I’ve seen all week. The local Sicilian, Mt. Etna wines to Brunello’s in the North and then classic Gran Cru Burgandies go figure.

My wife went with their classic Anchovy sandwich with buratta, followed by a Bottoni di pasta stuffed with reggiano parmigiana. Both dishes spot on.

I had the tasting menu which comprised of the following:
Octopus and potatoes - delicious
Tuna tartare - amazing
Spaghetti with cuttlefish ink
Cod with oranges and fennel - fabulous creation
Plum of Iberian pork which might have been one of the top 10 dishes I’ve had all year
Then a dessert that sounded great white and dark chocolate with a raspberry sauce which I was to full to eat.

The entire culinary adventure tonight was amazing. This is a restaurant if you come to Sicily must go to the top of your list. The hotels might not know it nor some travel agents as well, however “foodies” do and that’s what matters. Enjoy!

2  Thank dylanboyd2007
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We spent 4 days in Sicily, from Siracusa, till Palermo. Everywhere the food was amazing and the service good. But the dinner we had in Vineria Mondi was above any other. Service excellent, wine specialist, good value for the money. I recommend the tuna fish.

1  Thank Rudolf V
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Vineria Modi is the best restaurant I went to during our stay in Taormina. All the food was excellent particularly the squid ink pasta. Service and ambiance are also very good.