All reviews yogurt great location old section airport bus single room lovely hotel via roma giuseppe host politeama
Reviewed 25 April 2018

We booked a triple room with a balcony, because it was the last available. The main attractions of this room were the balcony and the high ratings because the room seemed small and chip from the pictures. When we get there, on the Reception it was a woman who took us to our room. We had a big and unpleasant surprise when we realized that the balcony is missing. Because she didn't speak English she called the manager. However, instead of recognizing his mistake he tried to convince us that our booking was made wrong because we didn't specify for the balcony in our reservation. We showed the amenities of the room on the hotel site and on the rental site where the balcony was specified in the room description. He was very rude, he said he don't care because he didn't make his own site!!!!! and he called to the site from where we booked and told them in Italian we are making him problems. It was a surreal situation because he didn't want to admit that he make a big mistake, actually he lied about his property. When he realized that we are not backing down he said he doesn't want, and I quote: "unhappy clients" and he just cancelled our booking by his own decision, he practically kick us from his "amazing" place. The only good part is that he didn't charge us for the first night.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alexei77c
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Beware booking this hotel! When my ferry was canceled beyond my control, and I was able to provide evidence of this, the hotel staff arrogantly charged me the full price even though I was unable to arrive in Palermo, making a terrible ordeal all the worse. Awful service. I definitely do not recommend this establishment for people traveling through Sicily.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Matthew M
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The 5 stars are for how welcoming this b&b was. The host is charming and helpful and although this is not a fancy place, I felt very comfortable here. Single room but double bed with water and coffee restocked every day. Very thoughtful. Breakfast is intimate with all guests sitting together and Giuseppe presiding. Important to me since I was solo. Only sorry that I couldn't say goodbye as I left very early.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2017

It is very easy to get to from the railway station by taking the 101 bus along via Roma and getting off at the intersection with Mariano Stabile. The hotel is also only 5mins away from Politeama Sq where all the buses run and you can catch the airport bus. It is also close to the old section of Palermo which is a great place to wonder around and to eat.
The hotel provides Wifi and a continental breakfast. The bedroom is a good size but the bathroom is small. My room was noisy from a water drain and probably showers also the bed was most uncomfortable.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 26 December 2016

I totally enjoyed my stay here. The owner/manager is very friendly, helpful, and welcoming and speaks excellent English. I had a lovely, large room with a balcony overlooking the street. The hotel is on the 6th or 7th floor (I can't remember exactly; and yes, there's an elevator) of a building and besides the street action, I got a glimpse of the sea to one side and hills to another. The location is excellent - just off a main avenue (on a quiet side street) in between the Teatro Massimo and Teatro Politeama - meaning it's within easy walking distance to the bus for the airport. Breakfast was very good. I believe the hotel only has about 9 rooms, so it's very intimate. I would definitely stay here again. Very good value for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street have very nice views and balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo