See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I stayed for 3 nights at Hotel Sicilia and was pleased with its proximity to the historic town and also the train station. The staff were welcoming, provided us with maps of Palermo and recommended sights/places to eat. I would recommend for budget based travellers looking for somewhere safe and clean for a decent price.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Sicilia for 2 nights and recommend it. Very helpful men at the desk. One even took the time to preview for us, using Google Earth at ground level, through the maze of streets to pick up our rental car. Nicer hotel than expected for the very low rate. Our room was fine, with the exception of the old yellow couch/futon which really must go. Good location. For a budget hotel, this is a find.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Disgusting hotel: old building, old rooms, old furniture, old thin mattress (on the day after, we had pain to our back), noise during the night because a group arrived...
There was smell of sewer from the bathroom, really disgusting.
From the ceiling, there were stains of humidity and mould!
The only one positive thing is the location, which is central and you can easily reach the different parts of Palermo.
Don't go there, this is our suggestion.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We have stayed in this hotel for two nights only, but suffered terribly for another a few days. In our room there were hordes of bedbugs. They were hidden in wall cracks. Despite of a good location and acceptable breakfast this hotel is not a wise choice. Wi-fi is available in reception area only.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Well, where to start? My friends and I (5 in total) had to stay one night only in Palermo and decided to book a cheap hotel..I really regret this now, as we found quite a bad surprise..
We arrived there quite late, around midnight, and the man at the reception was not friendly at all..worse than that, there was another quite a strange man sitting on the couch next to the reception, half-way between an alchoolic and a homeless person..not really a good start!
Both the two rooms were quite dirty, mine had black footsteps on the floor (they clearly didn't clean it before we went there, or maybe didn't do it for ages), and the bathroom smelled really bad..
My friend found a 'strange" insect on the pillow, and my bf and I found a similar one on the wall..it was a bit late to leave the hotel, and we were not sure what type of insects were those, so in the end we decided to stay..
It was not really a good idea apparently, as the day after my bf had his body covered with bumps, and two of my other friends the same...they are still hitching after one week! We made a research on the internet and those were clearly bedbugs!! We spent days washing all clothes and I am still scared that I might have brought some of those horrible beasts at home!!!
The breakfats was also terrible, and the parking place does not exist: we had to park the car in a nearby square that didn't look safe at all..
Stay away from this hotel!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends