All reviews swimming pool reverse order hair pin bends howard johnson overlooking palermo great hotel to stay star hotel barking dogs worked fine will stay there again rooms are fine yogurt lovely terrace shuttle service rooms are spacious and clean the hotel offers sicilian breakfast
Reviewed 24 September 2016

By the time we got here we were in desperate need of some down time. Well, we got it! The sunrises were spectacular! The hotel was clean and the staff were personable. I agree that they need some fresh fruit at breakfast, though.
Our only really bad thing was the neighborhood dogs' barking and setting each other off for continued barking, but the hotel can't be faulted for that! We were in a corner room right next to the neighborhood, which made it easier to hear the dogs.

Room Tip: It seems to me that all the rooms have views.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with my parents & husband for a couple of nights whilst holidaying in Sicily. This hotel is brilliant! Ask for a room on a high floor and you will have a beautiful view. The rooms are lovely. All staff were friendly and helpful, especially the waiters in the restaurant who made us laugh so much- we enjoyed practising our Italian on them! The food was nice and very reasonable. The pool is so peaceful and again, the views are beautiful.

The location of the hotel is ideal for exploring Palermo and getting to the airport. We chose to stay here rather than in the city because we wanted a pool and a car park, and it was definitely worth it. You will need a car or you can get a shuttle bus thing or a taxi, the hotel arrange this for you.

I'd also just like to say that Palermo was an amazing city to visit- welcoming people, interesting sights and so much culture!

I can't wait to come back again soon!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Emily L
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Big rooms. Clean. Good Internet connection. Amazing view on Palermo. Breakfast good, if you like fresh homebaked cakes (I do!). Coffee and juices a bit lackluster.

Parking available but you will need a car to get into Palermo. Nice pool(s) with same gorgeous views on Palermo as from most rooms.

Good indoor restaurant with very decent food (too big portions) and very good value for money.

If you don't mind to stay out of town and to into town everyday (a shuttle for 3 EUR/trip/person is offered), you can feel at home here.

Room Tip: the "smaller" number floors are probably better. So ask for rooms 100+ or 200+ (the hotel counts from top to bottom)
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

We spent 2 nights and we loved it.
Rooms are large, clean, and have great views. Breakfast is as usual in Sicily.
From the swimming pool you have great views of Palermo, which was great.

You do need a car (or request a transfer) and it is no so easy to arrive. It is far from the city and you have to leave the keys of the car because they will have to move it to make room for other cars to leave.

I would come back, specifically in Summer to enjoy de Swimming pool.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Hotel bel was located about 5-10km from city center of Palermo. It was perfect for us, because we wanted a peaceful and relaxed holiday far from all the hustle. We rented a car and it was definitely the best option for our trip. The staff is really friendly and helpful everytime you need something! Restaurant is ok, it's cheap and pizzas are nice, everything else is nothing special. I recommend you find another place to eat. Pool areas are nice and basically you have everything here you could need for you relaxing holiday. I would come back again and definitely recomment if you want a relaxed and laid-back holiday!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple