All reviews great location grazie mille place to stay francesca street cleanliness heart host
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The hotel is in an excellent location, right in the middle of historic palermo, a few steps away from the impressive cathedral. I don't think you'd want to stay for more than a few nights, because the rooms, though very clean, are not that comfortable, there was no ac (we did have a fan) and no bathrooms en suite. The people who run it are very friendly and very helpful. For a day trip to Palermo this place is perfect. Might be the place is a bit crowded and noisier and hotter in summer, in October it was fine.

Room tip: Try to get a bigger one with double bed...
Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Being a girl travelling alone, you never know what to expect when you arrive in a different country. From the minute I arrived in hotel Regina, I felt directly like I knew Palermo.

The hotel is very easy to find once you arrive in the city, it is on one of the main streets of the old town, next to most of the places to visit and the commercial streets.

At my arrival I was welcomed by Francesca, who immediately told me where I could eat, what I should visit and places to avoid at night. Everything was written on a tiny map I kept close to me during my exploration of Palermo. She also gives you her whatsapp number and is easily reachable if you encounter a problem whatsoever, so even if I was travelling alone I never felt alone in the city in case I would need help.
She also had some great advice for the second part of my trip, and I am super happy she understood exactly what I needed and gave me even more than expected.
Her father Massimo was also super sweet, made me the most amazing expresso and helped me improve my Italian while I waited in the lobby to leave the hotel.

The hotel rooms are worth what you pay for, clean and tidied everyday. The bathroom was shared but is also very clean. I never encountered problems with cleanliness or having to wait to take a shower. There were several bathrooms and no one was ever waiting in front of the door.

All in all I have to say that I am just sad I will not be returning to Palermo at the end of my vacation, i would definitely have stayed at Hotel Regina again. If you are looking for a good place to stay, well located at a good price, this is definitely the place to go! Francesca and her family will take care of your stay, you will not regret it! Grazie mille!!!! Matilde

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel Regina is very well located, in the centre of Palermo where everything is reachable by walking distance. Obviously for this price you can't expect to have a five star hotel, but it's a very good value for money: the decoration is simple, the room and the bathroom are both clean. So if you want to be in the centre and don't want to pay much, this is a good option!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2017

I became ill short before my journey, nevertheless I came here because of an ethnomusicological conference. The staff of this hotel was very kind and flexible and organised a lot for me, so that it was possible to come anyway.

I warmly recommend to choose this hotel, you really stay next to the most important monuments (Ballarò market, Capella palatina, Cattedrale, also the port is not far). A family member gave us a lift from the airport and already introduced us to Palermo, its culture and the local mentality.

We really felt at home and in good hands. I will look for this hotel again my next time in Palermo.

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank Trochos
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Very clean, spacious room. Great value! The dog was welcome, too. Late arrival of the ferry was a bit awkward initially, because the night porter wanted to close the hotel at 9pm, but the very warm reception the next morning by one of the owners made up for it! We were allowed to leave the baggage behind until later in the day, which helped us a lot. Grazie mille!

Date of stay: February 2017