All reviews no lift the hotel is clean staff are extremely helpful hotel is excellent train and bus station recommend this hotel quattro canti italian breakfast close to the hotel breakfast included side street stay there again city break lovely room cakes good size within easy walking distance
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Hi I David Thom had a fabulous trip to Palermo in Sicily staying in the Columbus Hotel which I chose last year for the first time as central & good value!
I returned this week for 4 nights to be given a lovely Double room although I booked a single so generous of the owners Erice & Alessandro who ably assisted by Claudio the waiter treated me Royally so efficient & friendly with no familiarity or condescension!
I rate them & the hotel highly:
Central!
Clean!
Quiet!
Friendly service
With the bonus of a delicious local hostelry Pane e Olive round the corner with lovely Yvonne as maitre d’ unfailingly patient with that Demanding Difficult David (Thom) questa volta Il Felice & Fortunato David

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank David T
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Thank you for the wonderful time I spent in your hotel! Hotel Columbia is located in the historic center, close to many tourist points. The interior of the hotel is quite authentic. Clean everywhere. The room in which I stopped, cozy, clean, beautiful interior, all the necessary amenities, hygiene products - everything is fine. In the room is enough fast wi-fi. Cleaned in the room every day, every three days changed bed-clothes and towels. Breakfasts are always fresh, varied. I would like to emphasize the hotel staff, all very friendly, delicate, always ready to help in any matter. Thanks for the great service! You are wonderful and I was happy spent my vacation in your hotel. Thanks to you, my trip was even better. To you want to come back again and I hope for a new meeting.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Olesia P
Erica V, Direttore generale at Hotel Columbia Palermo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear guest
A huge thank you goes out to you, you get the idea of our structure, in simple terms, that gratify our job.
Thank you and we hope you can go back to our hotel.
Greetings

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

What an amazing find. Tucked away a few yards from one of the main streets of Palermo. There is a lot of renovation being carried out in the area but don't let this put you off, the hotel is a little gem and the staff couldn't be more friendly or helpful. The room was lovely and perfectly adequate for our stay. We arrived on the night train from Naples and they allowed us to check in immediately and although our room wasn't ready were happy for us to leave our cases and go off for an hour for s coffee while they prepared our room. On return they had put our cases in our room and we were able to shower and relax after our journey. Breakfast was a typical Italian breakfast with more than enough selection. A definite recommendation!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank suesmiff
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Hotel Columbia is but a step away from the busy historical centre.........and worth a stay despite the shabby street access (it`s being renovated).
Our room was on the 3rd floor (no lift), wth good air conditioning and wi-fi. The shower was tiny, with a broken shower fastening, although water flow was decent, and the water hot.
Security was excellent, and the staff pleasant.
Would stay again

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennifer1983187159
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Tucked away from the main street is Hotel Columbia. Perfect spot close to all the amenities and the sights of Palermo. Rooms are very comfortable with ensuites. Staff are extremely helpful with lots of local knowledge. Be aware no lift. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple