All reviews poetto beach great location reception breakfast city
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Away from the hustle and bustle of a big City. Great seaside position. Very relaxing if you are looking for beach holiday. Many restaurants in full summer season. Short cab ride to Cagliari.

Slight language barrier if you can't speak Italian.

Can recommend this Hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located close to the beach and seafront, which has many facilities. It is clean and comfortable, with nice and functional, but small rooms. Wi-fi is fast, the breakfast is good and the staff helpful.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Francesca and her colleagues were absolutely fantastic from beginning of our stay to the end. The hotel is small quiet modern, clean and 5 mins stroll to Poetto beach. I went for a weekend break with a friend. Both of us needed to chill and that is exactly what we did. Nothing we asked for was too much trouble at this hotel. Lovely stay. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Hotel Villa Sveva is a good choice for someone visiting Cagliari but trying to avoid the city centre. The hotel is closely located to Poetto beach, which is great for long strolls along the beach (we stayed there in April, hence the weather was not good enough for sun bathing). Staff is friendly and makes you feel welcome. The only cons about this hotel would be the breakfast (could be a bit more diverse), the noise in the rooms and the creaking beds. All in all, a nice experience and good value for money.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2016

I stayed for 2 nights in Villa Sveva. A charming place. It is close to the beach Poetto, the 2nd street from it though, well, 5 minutes walk to the beach. The room is spacious, mine was with a big terrace, 2 chaiselongs, 2 chaires and a table on it.Lots of sun on the terrace. The bed was big and comfortable, the pillows could be softer though. The breakfast was good: yogurt, fruit, cheese, salami, musli, some cakes, juice and coffee. Wifi worked very well in the room. There was no water, no cattle for tea or coffee in the room, the minibar was empty, but maybe it was because I was off season there. There is a coffee machine at the reception though. There are lots of small restaurants along the beach: same constructions, same menu and prices, different names. Tourists-oriented, I would say. For more authentic food, I tried restaurants in the city. It is about 5 km to Cagliari. There are busses stops not far from the hotel. I was given a map with busses routes, which I did not understand, I went to Cagliari on foot (5 km is 1 hour walking), but I do not recommend that. A taxi can be called by the reception, should be 10-15 Eur, not more, as I paid 27 Euro for a taxi from the airport to the hotel.
Very nice staff. If the location you choose is the beach, it's a perfect place.

Date of stay: November 2016