Free cancellation until 22/07
US$500
Rosso di Sera(Alghero)
B&B Alghero Republic(Alghero)
  • Breakfast included
Il Sogno di Alghero(Alghero)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfriendly hotelminute stroll to the old townfamily runstayed here for a weekgood sizegiancarlospumantebalconyspiaggiabeaches
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I have a few guidelines for my travel accommodation: under $100/night, clean, safe, centrally located, free wifi in the room, pleasant and helpful staff, and a breakfast offering that allows me to fuel up for a day of exploring and sight-seeing.

Hotel Alguer met my guidelines and exceeded my expectations. Giancarlo, Mario and Francesco were friendly, helpful and very nice. Mario provided a map with a number of restaurant recommendations, and suggested a reputable company for getting to Grotte di Nettuno (though both days I tried, the weather was too windy and the seas too rough.) Mario also suggested Dietro il Carcere for dinner one night...probably one of the best meals I had during a month of travel in Italy...excellent! Francesco suggested Spiaggia Mugoni for a great beach experience. And, Giancarlo recommended La Saletta trattoria for my final meal in Alghero...awesome meal.

The room was clean, bright, quiet and included a balcony. The bathroom was large and sanitary. The included a refrigerator and a complimentary mini bottle of spumanti. The free wifi in the room was secure and fast.

I would definitely stay at Hotel Alguer again...lovely people, great accommodations, and easily accessible. Many thanks!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Donald M
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Stayed here for 3 nights in September. A warm welcome on arrival & comfortable clean room with balcony. Proprietors were kind enough to arrange a parking space for us as soon as one became free, as I forgot to book in advance! Tasty breakfast & good location. Only a few minutes walk to the beach & around 15-20 minutes walk into the main part of the town, along the seafront. Would definitely stay here again if we return to Alghero.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2016

My paradise in the Mediterranean is Sardegna. I’m no stranger to this magical island and like the many tourists that visit her yearly I am constantly mesmerized by her explosive beauty, vibrant colours, and unspoiled surroundings.

The isle of Sardegna is Italy’s second largest island with 1.6 million people who call it home. The entire island is captivating and each region has unique traditions, history and culture. It is undoubtedly a fascinating destination to discover.

My visit this year took me to Alghero, an enchanting city located on the Northwestern coast of Sardegna reachable by ferry or plane from mainland Italy. It is commonly known as the coral city and has a distinctive, romantic Catalan influence.
It is a fortress on the sea with great bastion walls, narrow cobblestone streets, charming piazzas with opulent churches, and an array of stunning shops with coral jewelry.

Labelled as one of the most beautiful areas of Sardegna, Alghero boasts a captivating sea, rugged mountain ranges, astonishing bays, calm inlets, white sandy coves, rich marine life, and diverse Mediterranean vegetation. The warmth and generosity of its people is indescribable, their wines are famous, and their foods are delectable, all the while maintaining the Sardinian tradition.

Alghero is an excellent departure point for some very interesting excursions, one of them being a visit to the amazing stalactites and stalagmites in Neptune’s Cave.The charming medieval town of Bosa, one hour south of Alghero, also makes a great day trip.Its many churches, particularly the famous Immaculate Cathedral and the 12th century Malaspina Castle are intriguing.

But a sight that always allures me and fills my heart with emotion is Stintino.
This quaint, characteristic fishing village is located one hour North of Alghero. Its charming Pelosa beach with its crystalline water and fine white sand is considered one the most beautiful beaches in the world. The 17th century tower guarding this spectacle has become an icon, strong and proud it sits on an isle for everyone to
gaze at.
This picturesque image is like no other you have ever seen, a fraction of timeless beauty waiting to be admired at least once in your lifetime.
It’s a challenge for me to describe Alghero and the Isle of Sardegna because it is a place that you have to see for yourself to fully understand its beauty. For me it was love at first sight, a love that is insatiable, a love that has me returning year after year.
I hope that you also will have a chance to visit her soon!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank dolce_romana
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

My wife, Son and I stayed here for a week and we had a really great time I must say. The family who run the hotel couldn't be more welcoming, helpful or better hosts. We were greeted daily with a good morning, great coffee and big smiles. They made us feel at home and were always more that happy to help with any information we needed, even changed a tyre for me when the one on my hire car popped! The room was spacious enough for us with a toddler to run about, was very clean and tidy and had everything we needed. It made our stay even more special and we couldn't ask for more. We will return! Thank you Hotel Alguer

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mikado81
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We stayed here for 5 nights in july to spend time chilin'l at the beach. Hotel Alguer just exceeded all of our expectations. When we first arrived we even got a small bottle of brut as a welcome present.
Anyways, the hotel is a little bit away from the other hotels in the area, so you feel that you have a little more privacy. It's just a 3 minute walk from the beach, and you have some nice restaurants close to it (i.e. Enhorabona or Sa Mesa). Our bathroom had it's own water heater, so we didn't have to worry about other guests spending all the hot water when we came back from the beach, the AC was quiet and the breakfast buffet was good for Italian standards (which often is just a croissant and an espresso).
The best part of it all was the personell. The owner (Gianfranco and his two sons) will go out of their way to make sure you feel at home and have the best of time. Gianfranco even sat on the phone for about 20 minutes with the bus company to make sure we would take the correct bus for our next destination.
Would definently stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple