1,123 results
All reviews capo caccia sea view natural park octopus minute drive junior suite on the rocks nature reserve amazing location sun loungers paninis hotel is beautiful swimming pool beautiful bay sea water hired bikes breakfast buffet is
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I was really pleased with the room set-up. The kitchen was very clean and in excellent condition. I loved the modern decoration with the Mediterranean motif. As Americans, we are used to big spaces but I can honestly say that the spaces were just about right. Not too big and not too small.

The overall service of the hotel was excellent. I recommend it highly.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Set at one end of the peninsula, this quiet location offers a beautiful, comfortable hotel. Rooms are spacious and very clean, staff are friendly and helpful and the views are spectacular. Sun beds right on the water are available and there are 2 pools. The restaurant is ok, but the food is not wow.

Room tip: Higher floors have better views
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is placed at such an amazing location with astounding views - it's absolutely breathtaking I couldn't fault it. The hospitality was excellent got on really well with bartender 'Alfredo' if I remember correctly. The reason for the low rating is due to the disillusion with regards to the facilities advertised by the hotel - I came here to celebrate my 22nd birthday with my partner and was given the impression I would be able to have my birthday dinner at the seating area situated by the sea which is advertised on their website however, this wasn't the case - I was disappointed to be told I could only have dinner in the glassed restaurant which couldn't be further from the sea and the amazing views of the place. Despite requests the night before to ensure I enjoyed my birthday we were still placed in the middle of the room and not by the window as promised by the restaurant manager as they wouldn't let us sit by the seating area by the sea - I was served a thin slice of cold, practically uncooked steak and wasn't asked for my preference with a couple of courgette slices and my partner was served 3 small slices of fish with nothing to compliment it. We paid over €70 for something that felt more like a starter than a main course as we were left starving and ended up having to share a pizza by the bar - we also paid extra for the birthday cake which we was told would be complimentary but obviously wasn't. I would definitely recommend visiting hotel el faro as it is amazing, in fact I plan on visiting again next year - It's just unfortunate they my birthday wasn't as special as I'd hoped.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel has among the better locations on Sardinia. Situated on a cliff, together with an old light house ruin, this hotel is in a marvellous location. On top of it all surroundings are som kind of National Park so the hotel is pretty much alone with the cliffs and the sea. Going here snorkelling is a must. You rent the gear at the hotel.
Hotel facilities are what we expect from a four star hotel and food as well, but again - the location is fantastic.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My stay here was simply amazing. The hotel is ideally situated so the view on the sea is breathtaking and the environment is very quiet. The private beach is beautiful and confortable, the water is as clear as it can get. The staff is very friendly, and the cleaning staff is all smiles and serious work. This is what proper vacations and relaxation looks like. The beds are extremely comfortable and the food from the hotel's restaurants is delicious. The only negative point is that the wi-fi didn't work in our room, but it was fine in the rest of the hotel so it wasn't a big deal. I loved my stay here and I would have stayed forever if i could!

Date of stay: August 2017