All reviews overlooking the grand canal rio marin train station hotel's garden lovely hotel the ground floor piazzale roma watch the boats pastries junior suite first floor best feature modern bathroom santa lucia station watching the world very nice stay our honeymoon
Reviewed 27 July 2018

We had an awesome experience at this hotel for our honeymoon! My husband and I fly standby on United Airlines so we booked this hotel about 9 hours before we arrived in Venice for one night stay. I looked up multiple hotels before arrival for a few options in case something was all booked up since we book last minute. I was looking at this hotel and the Hotel Canal Grande (which little did I know was the sister hotel to this one we ended up staying at). I actually booked at the Hotel Canal Grande (honestly I couldn't remember the name of this one last minute trying to board my flight), and when we arrived off one of the water taxis I called Hotel Canal Grande who helped us make our way to the hotel. We arrived to find out the hotel was all booked up but they had reserved our room at their sister hotel- Ca'Nigra Lagoon Resort. I was actually so excited when they took our bags over because the property is beautiful! This hotel's private rose garden on the canal was the highlight of our stay in Venice! First of all, the staff was amazing at this hotel. They are so friendly and helpful of how to get around the city. I can't remember his name at the front desk, but I know his brother works at the bar area at the hotel as well- he was SO incredibly helpful with lots of recommendations of the city for us. He even got our room ready very early when we arrived off our 9 hour flight into the city. We got to check in early with no questions asked. We were even given a complimentary bottle of Prosecco to enjoy in the rose garden that night which was perfect! The room was large with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was nice and updated. Breakfast was perfect with large selection of pastries, cereals, toasts, jams, bacon, eggs, sausage, juices, coffee, and cold cuts. They stored our bags while we left to explore the city after we checked out since we were boarding a cruise that day. If I would have realized how amazing this place was, I would have definitely arrived early and booked an extra night. The hotel is quiet, and it is in a quiet area on the main strip on the grand canal which is about a 15-20 minute walk from the San Marco area. Honestly, I preferred the area we stayed in so we got to enjoy walking through the quieter parts of Venice before reaching the very busy and crowded area of San Marco. We were a 5 minute walk from the train station and people mover (if you are going on a cruise you will need to reach to get to the cruise terminal). I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elisebaumer
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Ca’Nigra Lagoon Resort was absolutely magical! My daughter and I arrived in Venise without a reservation. We walked into the beautiful hotel and Manuela greeted us with an amazing smile. Her warmth was so sincere, and she arranged a beautiful room for us. We were facing a gorgeous garden which is right on the grand canal! Words cannot truly express the beauty of this property! We were filled with joy and gratitude for finding this beautiful hotel. Manuela’s customer service was outstanding, and she truly made you feel as though you were home in Venise. I cannot wait to return to Ca Nigra Lagoon Resort in Venise.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BeatrizCharleston
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The Ca’Nigra Lagoon Resort is amazing! Located walking distance from the train station and on the corner of the Grande Canal and the Rio Marin Canal, it is a gem! It has a rose garden alongside the Grande Canal where you can eat breakfast or have a drink in the afternoon. It’s so nice to sit and relax while watching the boats go by.

We requested a room with a water view and we got a lovely room overlooking the Rio Marin. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious. The shower leaked a bit, but it didn’t put a damper on our stay. We received complimentary breakfast each morning. The food was outstanding and there was such a huge variety that it was difficult to decide what to eat.

The staff was kind, accommodating and helpful. They offered suggestions and directions during our stay.

We will be returning to Ca’Nigra on our upcoming visit to Venice!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori O
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Apart from being a very nice hotel, the added attraction is its 'boat-garage'. You take a boat-taxi from the airport and the next time you touch the handles of your luggage is in your hatel.

The hotel is located on the Canal Grande and close to the railway station and vaporetto quay

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hendrik_Demol
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Just wondered into the hotel after noticing the quaint facade. We met Narciso at front desk who was wonderfully friendly and professional and gave us a brief overview of the hotel. He showed us a few rooms and we immediately booked one night. We loved it so much we ended up staying another two nights.

Rooms are spectaculary outfitted in Venetian style decour. Bathrooms are modern and the grounds are amazing. One of our rooms had a great little balcony overlooking the side lagoon where we enjoyed a drink in the evening.

Given the location and relaxed yet opulent atmosphere, we can't wait to return to Venice to stay at the Ca' Nigra again. And thanks again to Narciso who couldn't have been nicer!

Mark and Andrew Toronto

Room Tip: ask staff to show you a few of the rooms available; so many great ones to chose from
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends