Lowest prices for your stay
US$60
Hotels.com
US$64
FindHotel
US$46
ExpediaUS$64
Trip.com
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

This hotel is in an absolutely perfect spot for exploring Venice - a 2 minute walk from the Arsenale vaporetto stop (which can get you anywhere) and a scenic 10 minute walk from the attractions in St Mark’s Square. The room was spacious enough for two (we stayed in the Annex building) but the bathroom (especially the shower) was absolutely tiny. The reception staff were all friendly and for the price you can’t really go wrong, especially when you consider the other options in Venice. Just be aware that the rooms are fairly outdated and the noise from the street outside and from other guests staying in the Annex building was very loud, especially at night.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AbbyC1078
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

My family and stayed during October and the staff at the front desk to be friendly and happy to help with our needs and offered suggestions on dinning. The breakfast included had a good variety and was enjoyable. The rooms was bit old but clean and the bathroom had been renovated. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2018

On Sunday, October 14, 2018 me, my husband and 1 couple stayed at the Albergo Al Nuovo Teson in Venice, Italy. When we arrived we were informed by the desk clerk that our rooms were not ready and told us to put our luggage in the dining area against the wall. They assured us it would be safe.

Once our room was ready we went to our rooms. The next mid morning around 4 AM I noticed my carry on luggage was missing. When I contacted the front desk they told me they did not have any luggage that we needed to speak with the woman who checked us in.

When she arrived we spoke with her about the missing luggage. We were informed it was the not the hotels responsibility and they were not going to reimburse me for my belongings. This employee was rude and said that all their clients were good and honest people, and why would they want my luggage anyway. If they were so good and honest then where was my luggage. Not only did I have valuable personal belongings in this carry on, I had bought souvenirs from Greece. This employee asked us to put our luggage in the dining room against the wall as per front desk clerk instructions to us. We did as asked. Our luggage should have been safe and it wasn't. It should be the hotel responsibilities for my lost luggage having it on their premises when it got lost.

If you plan on staying at this hotel PLEASE do not leave your luggage unattended. The hotel is not safe having no camera, no security, no elevator and no one will assist to help bring luggage and bags upstairs. There was no air conditioner during the month of October and the place were so noisy during midnight till mid morning that you could not sleep well because of the noise . The price we paid for a room with 1 bed and a sofa bed was $627 including city tax for 2 nights I should say very expensive as compared to their ads being published rates. They were very rude and disrespectful specially the front desk clerk lady working in the morning shift.

Since I travel for several times in,many countries and stayed in hotels . At this hotel is my first horrible experienced that my luggage lost..

Room tip: Very noisy during around midnight with open windows cause of no air condition during the month of October..
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lolitac948
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

A little gem - not fancy but cosy, with lovely friendly staff in a great location. Cons: no elevator; somewhat old room carpet; no bedroom slippers; small shower stall (if you’re on the larger side); not much in the way of toiletries (best to bring your own) and basic-ish breakfast (which was good enough for me). Pros: fantastic location on a quiet street, but within walking distance of St Mark’s Square and Arsenale vaporetto stop; new and modern bathroom; fresh and pristine towels (I hate when hotels slip up with worn mangy ones!); it’s just opposite the fabulous Al Covo restaurant (reservations are a must); and best of all, the wonderful helpful front desk staff (Analisa, another lady whose name I didn’t get and big thank you especially to Samuel who always goes the extra distance to help with a big smile). Al Nuovo Teson certainly played a big part in making my first visit to Venice such an awesome one.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2018

I visited with my boyfriend for two nights and we adored our stay here. The hotel is well located in terms of getting around - close to all the big sites but far enough away it is quiet in the evenings and not swarming with tourists. The check in was so quick and easy, and all of the front desk staff were so friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room had comfortable beds and was really nice and clean. We were in the main part of the hotel on the second floor. No street noise came in which was great. Good variety of breakfast options and it runs quite late into morning so good if you want to sleep in a bit. Would definitely recommend!

Room tip: Request a room in the main building - I think larger than the annex building
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple