“Fantastic view, great food and excellent service”
Review of Lineadombra

Lineadombra
Ranked #142 of 1,617 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$31 - US$125
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018

This was our last lunch in Venice and we certainly felt that we had saved the best till last. The food was amazing. Lots of fish and mushrooms but I found something to choose(!). If you ask for a recommendation for wine you will be guided towards wine which is twice the price of the standard wine so choose yourself! The views over to Giudecca and San Giorgio, with numerous boats passing by, were wonderful.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Although I would maybe recommend the team in the kitchen to pay a little bit more addition on the seasoning that was little bit too shy on my dishes... but better that way than the other.
A good and extensive wine list and a discret, but friendly and extremely competent service team.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank richard_D07
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Good food with an excellent view. A bit of a tourist attraction due to the waterside location but worth stopping by for lunch. Good service too.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

On the far side of Dorsoduoro, facing Giudecca, the setting especially the outdoor terrace is truly spectacular. The prices have gone up since last here about 10 years ago, and the service, while professional, was not as warm That said the food was great.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

For our last night in Venice my wife and I were strolling around the Dorsoduro enjoying the relative quiet of Venice in the evening. We had not made dinner plans which was probably not a good idea and it was getting late. We passed by the Lineadombra and the view looked great but we walked around looking for other options and when nothing else caught our eye we went back. The menu looked expensive but we figured even if the meal wasn't great, the view was unbeatable. We weren't sure we could get a table that late but they seated us on the outdoor deck over the water without a problem.

We split an appetizer of burrata with back truffle on an artichoke heart. Very good. My wife had nettle and potato gnocchi with scallops and shrimp. Also very good. I decided to go Venetian and had the liver and onions with polenta and plum sauce. I loved it.

The evening was cool and clear, the view over to Guidecca with the boats and ships passing by was stunning. The service was very good and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening there.

I think the food was a tad overpriced but fully acknowledge that you're also paying for the amazing view here. Keeping that in mind I would highly recommend Lineadombra. I think if I had eaten inside without the view I would have been more concerned about the price....but for that view, that service and that food I think 5 stars is appropriate.

Date of visit: April 2018