“Fantastic collection in a nice setting”

Egyptian Museum of Turin
Book In Advance
More Info
US$21.91*
and up
Turin Egyptian Museum Entry Ticket Including...
Ranked #1 of 426 things to do in Turin
More attraction details
Owner description: The Museo delle Antichità Egizie is the only museum other than the Cairo Museum that is dedicated solely to Egyptian art and culture. Many international scholars, since the decipherer of Egyptian hieroglyphs Jean-François Champollion, who came to Turin in 1824, spend much time pouring over the collections. It was Champollion who famously wrote, “The road to Memphis and Thebes passes through Turin”.The collections that make up today’s Museum, were enlarged by the excavations conducted in Egypt by the Museum’s archaeological mission between 1900 and 1935 (a period when finds were divided between the excavators and Egypt).The Egyptian Museum in Turin has begun 2009 an important project which wants to widen spaces in order to enhance the collections through modern museographical and museological criteria. The Museum will be open all over the period of restoration and the New Egyptian Museum inauguration is scheduled for the year 2015.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Very large collection of Egyptian artefacts. Nicely displayed and much information about the objects. The museum is located at the heart of the city and it is worth the visit, even if you are not a great fan of ancient Egypt the sheer beauty on display makes everybody enjoy it.

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank Travelista987
MuseoEgizio, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Egyptian Museum of Turin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

We thank you very much for your visit and your review!

Write a ReviewReviews (21,183)
All reviews
in 60 reviews
"pharaohs"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My problem was I didn’t realize how big it is! And ran out of time!!
Almost right away you go to the top floor, so l figured they was a lot of space reserved for conservation work, etc. So, by the time I got back down a few floors and discovered the hall with the statues (WOW WOW. WOW!!! Beautifully displayed! The mirrors to see the back, the lighting) .... I had no time left. Oh well, I thought, we’ll go for lunch and come back. Had to hand in my handset and went to meet my husband.
What!!!! No return back in allowed !! What kind of bad vibes is this!?? No map of the displays was given, so I could have timed my visit better!, no where did I see that it was a no returns kind of place. So, you out there, reading this, take heed!
I still give it 5 out of 5.
I took my own, noise cancelling earphones and none of the school groups bothered me at all.
Once you get on to it, the audio set is excellent. I didn’t think mine was working for a while, then I moved somewhere else and it did fine again.

Date of experience: June 2018

Thank You for Your visit and for Your review: despite the inconveniences, we hope You enjoyed the experience anyway

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The fantastic museum of Egyptian history.. Very verywell, near the other centre of Torino
It's very beautiful

Date of experience: June 2018
MuseoEgizio, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Egyptian Museum of Turin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

We thank you very much for your visit!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This place was great! Very interesting, and the. Alley of the Kings was “wow”. I wish I’d taken more time and done then,ong version of the tour, but it was great to have options on the audio tour, which was provided as part of your entry fee.