“Great shop and owner”

Ranked #2 of 7 Shopping in Stresa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We were taken to this shop on a walk around Stresa,we don't usually go on these but were gladthat we did this time. The owner Rosaria is a delight, we all had a tasting session, and she gave lots of information and ideas of how to use the products we had tried and other products we had seen looking around. We wish we had bought the reserva balsamic vinegar as it was delicious ,thick and not acidic ,one of our purchases was 'tartufata' truffle sauce. Great on crackers (only a small amount ) also with polenta & eggs.

All reviews
"balsamic vinegar"
in 9 reviews
"wine shop"
"pasta"
in 8 reviews
"cooking tips"
in 2 reviews
"great selection of wines"
"family run"
"collector"
"souvenirs"
"knowledge"

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We went on a walking tour of Stresa with the Tui rep and finished off in La Cambusa - what a brilliant little place. Very deceptive from the outside and much bigger than it looks. It's packed full of delights, and although I bought some, now I'm home I wish I had bought more! The owner is a fantastic lady, who's owned the store for 55 years. She gave a great presentation with tasters of food & wine. As someone else has said the Brushette herbs are amazing, great to put with olive oil as a bread dipper, or also good as a flavouring for meat or fish. Can't recommend this place enough. If you're in Stresa you must call in - they always have tasters on the counter at the back of the shop.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

The owner and daughter will educate you on any wine. A friendly store. The balsamic vinegar is extra-ordinary. I bought three bags of bruschette and wished I had bought more. It was fresh and a good gift to bring home.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I was here in 2010 when I first visited La Cambusa with a bus tour. During our visit the store owner did a presentation with oil and balsamic vinegar. Needles to say I bought a bottle and my only regret is that I didn’t buy more than one. It has taken me 8 years to get back and once again the store owner was able to help me out with the reserve balsamic vinegar. It s a bit pricey but so worth it.
If you are in Stresa it is worth the time to stop in. Besides balsamic vinegar there is a great selection of wines from the piedmont region