“Couldn’t wait to get back here”
Review of La Cambusa

La Cambusa
Ranked #2 of 7 Shopping in Stresa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I was here in 2010 when I first visited La Cambusa with a bus tour. During our visit the store owner did a presentation with oil and balsamic vinegar. Needles to say I bought a bottle and my only regret is that I didn’t buy more than one. It has taken me 8 years to get back and once again the store owner was able to help me out with the reserve balsamic vinegar. It s a bit pricey but so worth it.
If you are in Stresa it is worth the time to stop in. Besides balsamic vinegar there is a great selection of wines from the piedmont region

Date of experience: June 2018
"pasta"
in 8 reviews
"cooking tips"
in 2 reviews
"great selection of wines"
"crackers"
"souvenirs"
"knowledge"
"stops"

Reviewed 14 June 2018

U can buy it all here. Wines, spirits, knick knacks.
Hundreds of bottles of wine to choose from.
Very friendly and knowledgeable owners
I brought a couple to take home
In the centre of town where all the restaurants are located
Definitely worth a visit

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Great selection of wine with many in verticals (2009,2010,2014,2015) and distilled spirits. Lemoncello, candy and pastas.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Really fine wine shop. Wines from all over Italy are available. The family owners have vast knowledge of Italian wines and will help with selections. Wine tasting events are always available. Great spot to have fun while shopping.

Date of experience: May 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Looking at La Cambusa from the outside and just inside the shop, it looks disturbingly like a tourist souvenir trap with pasta, dried porcini and olive oil.
But there is so much more to it. I had during out stay in Stesa developed a taste for the lesser known wines from Piedmonte (at least to my knowledge) - and this was the place to look for them!
Aside of a vast collection of Barolo ranging from expensive to outrageously expensive, there were wines in many price levels and from most of the wine producing areas in Italy - but of cause mostly from Piedmonte.
I took my time to buy a selection of goodies (Daddy's souvenirs), which ended up being a good selection of top Gattinara and some Roero Arneis and Erbaluce de Caluso.
I ended up with quite a few bottles, and as we did some other shopping, the bottles were boxed and packed so I could pick tem up. They even called a taxi for us to bring the valuables back to our rental home. That's good service!
If you're the least interested in good wine - this is a gem, but beware of your money.

Date of experience: October 2017