All reviews main building rotary club grand terrace historical hotel gorgeous hotel la dolce private beach bygone era rooms booked five star hotel hotel beach wide selection of food breakfast buffet is pool attendant beach staff an upgrade three nights
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Inside the main grounds of the grand hotel the gardens are impeccable they certainly have a wow factor!

The swimming pool area had sun beds and a lifeguard the pool itself reminded me of my childhood swimming pool styled in a Victorian manner! Nothing wrong with that just looked old.

The terrace and bar area are very nice and grand! Coffee and biscuits are amazing!! champagne good quality.

Inside of hotel looks lovely and grand!!

It’s a nice hotel we didn’t stay there just visited and had drinks and food.

We were impressed, but I’m not sure about the rooms nor the annex.

Thank you for a lovely afternoon very pleasant!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 31 July 2018

It started when we checked it to be checked in to another hotel across the road, the staff were rude, except the young guy who checked us in who handed us over to a manager, when we questioned the room he became rude. His jacket was really dirty and his attitude was extremely bad,like we owed him something, if he worked for me I would sack him.
Room in other building was small and no decorations at all.
We wereshown another room for an extra £200 with dead cockroach on floor, we did not take this “Upgrade”
Had to pay extra £70 for a suitable room, which was still dirty, torn curtains with a poor repair, dirty walls, bath tub with marks in it,the Tissues ran out after first day, never replaced. Chair in the room broken.Fruit in room with mould in it, fork replaced, serviette not replaced.
A/C defaults to 21 when it’s 36 outside
Water In shower doesn’t get hot
Breakfast not ready at opening time, asked for a toasted said it was coming, 1/2 hour later still not there, no serving implements till 15 minutes after opening time, was asked if I’d like a tea and what flavour, received the pot of hot water and a cap, staff chatting for approx 10 minutes before I had to go and get my own tea bag , was given a teabag after I’d finished my tea. although kitchen staff were pretty friendly.
On the last day the toaster was there, I couldn't get it to work, I thought I'd try the power lead, it wasn't plugged in.
This is not a 5 star hotel by any means, save your money.
Front and side gates locked some days, unlocked other days
Room was quiet and bed was comfortable the building is beautiful and the decor is lovely but that's about where it stops, very disappointing to be honest.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nick M
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel looks nice and also the rooms are quite new inside. Nice interior and gadgets in the rooms(Executive Room).
Unfortunately no one from reception staff was interested into the fact, that this is our honeymoon trip. No decoration in the room, no special drink for welcome or anything else (as you maybe know from other hotels around the world). The staff at the front desk was not able to give us any smile or warm welcome. The reception chef (with glasses) was very arrogant while speaking to him. The only guy who was perfectly treating us was the concierge who brought our luggage into the room. The breakfast was delicious and the lounge area is nice. The private beach is available with very high surcharges (around 80eur per person per day if you want sunbeds). This pricing is not acceptable for having beach access/sunbed.
In total I would not recommend this hotel. Had much better hotels in Rome or Firenze with much better service & staff.

1  Thank Teo J
Reviewed 8 July 2018

We traveled to Rimini for our own little getaway after a no-frills conference in Bertinoro. We were delighted with the beauty and grandeur of this old world luxurious hotel with the modern amenities. The staff took absolutely golden care of all our needs and we dined at the hotel the entire two days being pampered by Jonny and his superb and distinguished staff.
The pool was a delight and the pool attendant was so nice and accommodating to everyone with such a nice and kind smile and efficient help.
The grounds are lovely. There was a wedding each evening that we were there that did not in any way interfere with our stay or pleasure of the hotel as they can sometimes do.
We took an upgraded room with sea and garden views and had a lovely veranda that we enjoyed very much. The bed was outstanding and the bathroom a sheer joy with superb amenities, towels and robes of the highest standards. We had a lovely sofa and sitting chairs with coffee table and a lovely writing desk. The room had been updated and was very modern in features and very old world in charming period furnishings.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank aviv121k
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel was lovely. Breakfast was lovely. Staff were lovely. However if I’m paying 250 for one night I expect to have a room I can move around in. There was only space to get in the bed. Smallest room either of us have ever been given in a 5 star hotel. Globally. So would not return

1  Thank JanDLondon