See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Good breakfast, convenient location 15 min walking from the train station and close to the beach. The rooms are very nice and clean and the staff is welcoming and friendly. I would highly recommend it to anyone for a pleasant stay in Rimini.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Great place to enjoy your stay in Rimini. Clean, nice and fresh. The staff is most pleasant and helpful then I see in my life, especially Miguel. For sure will visit again Italy and my stay will be here. Also big plus that most of staff knows English and Russian.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights whilst visiting Rimini and San Marino. The hotel is a short 15 minute walk from the Central Station. There is also a local bus service that runs through the day as well.

Nearby there are lot of restaurants and also the beach is less than a ten minute walk. You can also make your way to the centre of town in ten minutes.

The staff were very friendly and willing to help and give you recommendations to eat. The room had air conditioning though I could not get it to work. I liked the elctronic blind that gave the room total blackout. The balcony is a good idea although all you look out on is the wall of the building next door.

The bedroom was a good size. The bed was two single beds made into a double. I found that sometimes the two beds started to pull apart and thus I started to fall between them, however it was comfortable for me.

The bathroom was a problem for me. I am a big guy so getting in and out of the shower was difficult. It was also tiny try to stand in and the toilet was tight next to the shower and the wall so again very difficult to get access to and quite uncomfortable. The water pressure and temperature for the shower was very good.

For a three star hotel it was fantastic value for money and the breakfast was good. The WiFi was excellent meaning I could carry out a number of tasks I needed to on my laptop without any waiting for pages to load.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel with my two kids (7 and 9) for a fortnight. The room and bathroom were a little small for us three, but it was ok as we spent most of the time outdoors anyway. The free wifi worked well, and the rooms and hallways were always kept perfectly clean. Everything is within a short walking distance (bars, restaurants and shops; beach; railway station and city centre). The staff was very friendly and helpful at all times.

Our only complaint concerns very poor noise insulation. We could hear every single word that was spoken in the room next to ours and often woke up to people walking in the hallway (even if they were not particularly noisy). There was also lots of noise from the street all through the night - earplugs would have been needed.

Otherwise we were very happy with our stay and can warmly recommend Calypso and Rimini for a nice and relaxing holiday!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Laura V
Reviewed 13 June 2016

We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel and I would recommend it, excellent value. The hotel is positioned towards the Grand Hotel end of Rimini beach front (the posh end, if there is one!!), about 300 meters from the beach and about a half mile from the free beach. Its position provides easy access to several good local restaurants and Rimini old town. The hotel offers free push bikes to enable you to explore the area which is very bike friendly. We were able to Park free of charge at the hotel which in Rimini is a bonus and very convenient the hotel is easy to get to in the one way system and from it it’s easy to get out of Rimini. Our room was 314 situated at the front of the hotel, it was clean tidy, well maintained and air conditioned. As all the rooms I think all look on to the street we found that it was better to use earplugs when sleeping with the balcony doors open. We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. If I have a criticism I would say the breakfast was a bit disappointing the chef made lovely croissants fresh every morning however the vending machine coffee and orange juice didn’t do them justice so we would have a croissant then pop down the road to a café for a cappuccino.

Room tip: Take one of the push bikes to see the old town
Date of stay: June 2016