See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

The staff here are nice and as helpful as they can be. Shame the rooms are tired and shabby. I had an attic room, meant to be a twin - sloping roof, dorma window only, a desk that had its cheap veneer peeling falling off, toilet paper holder held together with masking tape, door lock barrel missing... oddly the bedside light switches were the wrong way round. And I could only find one plug socket for charging stuff. Ask for a room NOT on the top floor and facing away from the main road (it was hot so I had to have the window open as it was too early in the season to put the aircon on).

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2016

We stayed one night in the hotel. Very good value for money. The attic room was not too big but comfortable enough to stay a night or two though it would be recommended to refurbish it a bit. The room doesn't have a balcony but only a small roof window but after all it was the cheapest option in the hotel. Breakfast was tasty and with good choice to feel satisfied. Very helpful and nice staff at the reception. The hotel is very well located near the main attractons and the old town. There s not any hotel paring facility bu you can fid a parking place on te publc parking nearby - just ask te receptionist for advice.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2016

I booked this hotel in advance being guided by pictures on the internet. I found that I had been totally misled. The hotel was dirty and in a fairly seedy area. I paid for one night and then left. I just could not have stayed there.

Room Tip: The room I was given was horrid - I don't know about any others
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Stayed here for two nights for business. The hotel room looks like a room from 1950. The bathroom is filled with a basin, a shower, a bidet and a toilet. That's quite a lot for a closet. When on the toilet your feet are in the shower etc. The walls are paper thin so you can follow the telephone conversations of your neighbour. Breakfast buffet is reasonable. They appear to have wifi but it is not working. According the receptionist the hotel has just been taken over by new management. They will have a hell of a job to bring this hotel to 2016. The staff is doing their best, they are very friendly.

Room Tip: A room in an other hotel
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2015

We arrived around 19 pm and the first contact the hotel ITALIA. The women on the reception advised us to drive in two hours and said that may be will be a free room. Called high price for 3-star hotel. We were unpleasantly surprised, at first, the price, and secondly the lack of the usual practice of check-out hotel rooms at 12 noon. The impression was that the rooms in Hotel Italia were rented hourly. Spend the night there we did not want and tried to find another hotel.
Were very pleasantly surprised when find the Hotel Roma.
The hotel is a 10-minute walk from the historic center of Ravenna and 300 meters from the train station.
We were offered a small room with a good discount, we agreed and did not regret. The room was really small, but normal for the night, quite clean and quiet. The room had wi-fi. Breakfast was simple, without a lot of variety, but quite tolerable.
Very grateful to the girl who worked at the reception desk. He was very kind, polite and helped us navigate the city. It was late, we were asked to recommend a place for dinner and she did it. Restaurant, which she chose for us, was awesome. We had a good evening and night.
From this hotel only good impression.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple