All reviews shared bathroom pizza restaurant convenient location city centre fresh fruit croissants sink
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

If travelling on a budget is your desire, then you may consider this establishment. Hotel we found is clean, rooms are clean, but very basic. You have to share your bathroom/shower with other guests on your floor, but not once we're we inconvenienced, or ever had to wait. Our hotel guest greeted us with a warm welcome. Very obliging. Breakfast is prepared on request and is strictly a basic Italian affair, fruit, bread, croissants, Yogurt, juice, tea/coffee. My wife and I are on a strict travel budget having travelled from Australia, this suited our needs. No far from the centre of town, or public transport. Closest restaurant is located just around the corner, and was very nice. Off street parking is also available. All the best.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 19 January 2017

This is a very elderly hotel in a lovely part of Modena within an easy walk to the centre and the cathedral. Parking is secure, locked and free. The room had a nice balcony overlooking the street, but the facilities were quite antiquated. It served its purpose on our road trip and there was a good pizzeria round the corner. It is inexpensive and breakfast was an extra 5 euros and was nicely done. The staff were lovely.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2016

This was the third time we have stayed here on our way through Europe. It is very close to the lovely centre of town. It is in an old traditional building with lovelý high ceilings. No aircon, but very effective ceiling fans. It is family run and they are helpful and friendly. It isn't luxurious or freshly decorated, but is clean, pleasant and very good value and we would always choose to stay here when passing through Modena.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

We spent four night in this Hotel. Our arrival was below any standard. No info, just the key of our room. Later this day there was plenty of info from another person. This gave us a much better feeling.
Our room at the 3th floor was clean and oke. The airco was not functioning but the temperature outside made this bearable. Breakfast is Italian, so lots of sweet. Dinner oke but not outstanding. Staff was very friendly. We had a cooking workshop and learned to make pasta. Really fun. I would go back to this hotel. SAN Gemini is very old an nice .

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed 18 July 2016

This has been the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. On the one hand my fault that I had not looked at the other reviews on TripAdvisor. I booked the hotel through booking.com, where photos of the hotel looked quite well. Well, after check-in, I discovered that the reality is different. The floors in the room in horror as the hospital, cracked walls, ceilings fans were let go only on half power, because at higher speeds the noise was unbearable to sleep. The capacity of the breakfast room is absolutely not the accommodation capacity. Wi-Fi did not work well. The only advantage is the position of the hotel, about a 10 minute walk to the historical center. I do not recommend this hotel

Date of stay: July 2016