All reviews great location piazza maggiore updated bathroom min walk to the train station door step chose hotel family room side street great restaurant recommendations star hotel triple room main attractions two nights the ground floor great bathroom air conditioning within walking distance
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Very convenient hotel in the city centre, you can basically walk everywhere. Spacious and nicely decorated the room, nice and comfy bed, good air conditioning, fully equipped bathroom. Super satisfied.

Breakfast was kind of basic, I suggest making it a bit more personalised as we are in Bologna so I would have loved something more typical. I also suggest training the staff to allow them speaking better English, not that we weren't able to understand each other, but that can improve the quality even further.
Very bad wifi.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We stayed a month ago just for a quick business dinner in Bologna. Nice hotel, maybe some difficulties with parking, but as it was sunday afternoon we found some place nearby. Room was very big and nice. Unfortunatelly we left before breakfast, but I am sure it was great :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in Hotel Cavour. It's a pleasant budget hotel in the very heart of Bologna. I stayed in a room on the third floor which was very comfortable and clean. If you have bags a pram or mobility issues, just be aware that the lift only goes to the 2nd floor and you have to walk the rest of the way. The staff are pleasant and the breakfast is a cold buffet. The best thing is the location. It's located on a pleasant street minutes from all the main sights of the city. It is also a short stroll from the stop for the airport bus.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We reserved a "standard room" at this hotel for two nights, and it was very disappointing. It should have been called a "substandard room." The in-room safe did not work, the minibar was warm, the tv remote was held together by electric tape, and there was a large hole in the plastic shower enclosure. The room was quite spartan, though it was rather large. Breakfast was fine and the location was good. The upgraded rooms might be all right, but our accommodations were extremely disappointing. We stayed at five hotels during our trip to Italy, and this was the only one that we did not like.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillMc90
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

It took me some time to find a hotel that was relatively close to the train station bologna centrale, close to city centre and did not cost me an arm and a leg. After some searching hotel cavour looked like an ok choice...i wasn't fully convinced, but other options were scarce. Looking back at my stay now I can say that I am more than pleased! 1)The receptionist was wonderful in her service, 2)the included breakfast was not a 5 star buffet, but certainly good - no hot items though, but last day we had american pancakes as an option -, 3) the room was surprisingly spatious, had a rustic feel and the a/c set at a good cool temperature. Overall a more than expected good stay! Bravo hotel cavour and staff!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo