All reviews great location piazza maggiore updated bathroom min walk to the train station door step chose hotel family room side street great restaurant recommendations star hotel triple room main attractions two nights the ground floor great bathroom air conditioning within walking distance
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We stayed a month ago just for a quick business dinner in Bologna. Nice hotel, maybe some difficulties with parking, but as it was sunday afternoon we found some place nearby. Room was very big and nice. Unfortunatelly we left before breakfast, but I am sure it was great :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in Hotel Cavour. It's a pleasant budget hotel in the very heart of Bologna. I stayed in a room on the third floor which was very comfortable and clean. If you have bags a pram or mobility issues, just be aware that the lift only goes to the 2nd floor and you have to walk the rest of the way. The staff are pleasant and the breakfast is a cold buffet. The best thing is the location. It's located on a pleasant street minutes from all the main sights of the city. It is also a short stroll from the stop for the airport bus.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We reserved a "standard room" at this hotel for two nights, and it was very disappointing. It should have been called a "substandard room." The in-room safe did not work, the minibar was warm, the tv remote was held together by electric tape, and there was a large hole in the plastic shower enclosure. The room was quite spartan, though it was rather large. Breakfast was fine and the location was good. The upgraded rooms might be all right, but our accommodations were extremely disappointing. We stayed at five hotels during our trip to Italy, and this was the only one that we did not like.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillMc90
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

It took me some time to find a hotel that was relatively close to the train station bologna centrale, close to city centre and did not cost me an arm and a leg. After some searching hotel cavour looked like an ok choice...i wasn't fully convinced, but other options were scarce. Looking back at my stay now I can say that I am more than pleased! 1)The receptionist was wonderful in her service, 2)the included breakfast was not a 5 star buffet, but certainly good - no hot items though, but last day we had american pancakes as an option -, 3) the room was surprisingly spatious, had a rustic feel and the a/c set at a good cool temperature. Overall a more than expected good stay! Bravo hotel cavour and staff!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Booked to stay one night at the “prestigious” Cavour
What a disappointment on arrival we given room 76, a bit Spartan and old and in need of refurbishment, despite sign saying refurb in progress I could see no evidence.
Had a shower in damaged and dirty old cubicle, dried off on the tatty threadbare towels, then thought I’d chill on bed, was I in for a shock, through the clean sheets I could clearly see a 300mm diameter blood stain on mattress. No way could I sleep in that disgusting bed. Went to reception to complain, no apology but given room 86. This was at back of hotel and looked like staff hostel, again very basic, worn out and like a tired youth hostel.
No door closer on the main door(fire risk) all electrics poor and room filthy with dust, mound and damp in walls, it was late and as bed was clean we had no option.
Outside room was curtained off area with cleaning stuff and random furniture!
Passed staff smoking in the Fire escape route on way to breakfast, however the choice was poor with cheap low quality supermarket yoghurt, bread and cakes, fruit with bruises and tinned pineapple.
Now if I had paid £40 a night in Blackpool maybe that’s all I should expect but not £115 in a remember “prestigious” hotel in heart of Bologna.
When we checked out at 8:50am no asking if we had a nice stay, so I let them know we not happy and can we speak to Manager, no not available but put in writing.
No apology for all the failings or offer of reduction.
So please be aware this is not a good place and will spoil you holiday break.
My advice stay away
I did email but just ignored me: ignorant as well as dirty people!

Room Tip: Look elswhere
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple