1,090 results
All reviews d oro rick stein lovely hotel piazza maggiore marble bathroom perfect location lounge area deluxe room centrally located hotel each evening old city small balcony restaurant reservations centre of bologna the hotel staff side street long weekend
Reviewed 18 September 2015

My two friends and I have been going to this hotel for the last 3 years (twice a year.) We find the staff all very very nice.The reception staff are so helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them.
The breakfast was always excellent and has been updated with many more choices.
In the evening you can have a drink at the bar and they provide a free finger buffet.
The position of the hotel is excellent with no need for a car and the most important places are easily within walking distance. The station is also very close without being intrusive. The rooms are very clean with lovely bathrooms.I travel a lot and have stayed in many hotels but this is definitely the best.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank antoinette p
Michele P, Direttore at Hotel Corona d'Oro 1890, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2015

Dear Antoinett,
A special thank for your positive comments. I am so glad to read that you have appreciated our hearty breakfast, our excellent location, the happy hour, clean room and our friendly staff Looking forward to welcoming you again,

I send you my best regards from Bologna

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

Like many reviews on here, this hotel exceeded my expectations. For me this is a five star hotel at a 4 star hotel price. Great value for money!

From the moment you step over the threshold you are warmly greeted by the staff, and made to feel important.

We went for a deluxe room, and we were not disappointed at all. (Sometimes you pay extra and it's not worth it at all) the room was perfect (I stay in a lot of hotels and have become very fussy, to a point where I normally opt for a 5 star rated hotel).

This hotel looks fab from when you first walk through the doors, it has a boutique hotel feel and continues throughout. Breakfast was good with lots of options. The hotel is perfect for getting to the centre of Bologna, which is a stones throw away.

The hotel does not have a restaurant, but this isn't a problem as there are many restaurants near by...great ones! The staff will be happy to advise on a number of them. (I would recommend Nello's, just ask reception where this is!)

Simply put...just book this hotel, you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank bluezippy

Dear guest,
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your experience at Corona d' Oro Hotel and we are grateful for your extremely positive comments that represent for us a fundamental incentive to always work better.
I am glad you appreciated your room, the great location, the breakfast and our kind staff. It will be shared with all my team that works everyday with knowledge and passion just to give all our precious guests a memorable experience of stay. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and again thank you,

Reviewed 12 September 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. Reception staff were very helpful with restaurant recommendations and transport queries. The bar area was a particular favourite with us and a lovely place to relax after a full day of site seeing. Bedroom was clean and comfortable with air con. Good location to explore Bologna. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends

Dear guest,
We thank you very much for your great feedback. We are proud to know that our guests take a pleasant memory of the beauty of the location, the clean and comfortable room and the helpful and kind staff. It will be a great pleasure for me to share your kind words of appreciation with them.
I hope to see you again,
Best regard

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

Our stay here was pleasant and the perfect location for exploring Bologna. We took a taxi from the train station and it was less than €10. The room we had was very small but well appointed with a nice bathroom. Staff was not all that outgoing but pleasant to interact with. The apertivo was nothing special and there is much better to be found in the city. The breakfast in the basement was decent, but don't fill up because there is tons of good food to try in the city. Overall a nice stay and perfect for 2 nights. Enjoyed it!

1  Thank Scott W

Dear guest,
We thank you to stay in our hotel in Bologna. We are so glad to know that you’ve appreciated the location, in the center of Bologna, the room nicely decorated and the bathroom. I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Navigating to the hotel was a bit tricky and frustrating - be sure to follow the signs on the buildings for the Corona d'Oro even though you might think "how can this possibly be the turn" - it is. Once we arrived, the stress was immediately removed. We had a lovely room, small, but it included a lovely balcony which was located over what was once a courtyard but is now a glass covered atrium. We were secluded from the hustle and bustle of Bologna and were able to relax with a glass of wine or two. The room was very well appointed and updated. The personnel were wonderful, tirelessly trying to please you. We can't say enough, our visit at the Corona was very enjoyable.

2  Thank Sandy M

Dear Sandy,
We thank you that you have chosen to stay in our hotel. We are so glad to read that you’ve appreciated your room and our friendly and qualified staff. It will be shared with all my staff that works everyday with knowledge and passion just to give all our precious Guests a memorable experience of stay. I hope to see you again,
Sincerely