2,473 results
All reviews train station privilege room accor hotels garden view main station travelling by train nespresso machine city centre convenient location checking in minute walk decent size hotel is located excellent location stayed for nights mini bar short stay
Reviewed 27 September 2018

We recently stayed here and whilst it is Mercure by name, its not quite by nature. Sure the staff are nice and professional as you'd expect but the hotel is showing its age. The wifi kept dropping out in my room although it worked well in the foyer. The aircon was poor. The location across the road from the main station is great and its only a short work into the centre of town. For me it was overpriced for what you got.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We chose to stay at this Mercure for two reasons - location and it is only one of two Accor Hotels in Bologna.
In terms of location, it is immediately opposite the train station which was perfect for us as we arrived via fast train from Florence, but if arriving from the airport, the airport shuttle stops at the train station also. However it’s a good 15-20min walk into the central city - which is a long walk when it’s hot!
The staff are friendly and helpful.
The hotel itself is very dated. It still is living in the early 80’s. The beds are rock hard and the pillows are in a poor and flat condition. Couldn’t run the basin tap in the bathroom if the shower was going as then the shower ran cold. Traditional key locks for room, so felt a little vulnerable security-wise. And for the first two days of four we had to chase the cleaners for more than one bath towel and paper cup!
If in Bologna again, I’d probably find something a lot more central and upmarket

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel Mercure Bologna
Location excellent- directly across from train station.
Old world charm with all the old-fashioned extras: Trouser-press, shoe-shine machines, bidets, large room-key. Yet modern as well: all the room amenities such as robes, slippers, toiletries. Bonus: superior rooms have Nespresso machine! Breakfast buffet is excellent offering everything under the sun.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Small rooms. However great service. The location is very good just in front of the railway station. If you are looking for a good vacation hotel, this is a good value for money. Breakfast was an acceptable level.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2018

For business reasons I have to stay frequently at this hotel, but the more I stay, the more I want to stay somewhere else.
I've written already several reviews, and answered every time they send me a "satisfaction survey" online.
Management at this hotel completely ignores our reviews. Not one single time I've received an answer, and all the improvement opportunities I've mentioned remain completely ignored.
For those reading one of my reviews for the first time, I summarize:
- Not complying with their own "environmentally friendly image" (large shampoo flask, enough for 2-3 days, but they throw it away every day)
- Unfriendly staff at the bar (the guy seems to hate his job)
- Poorly designed shower, basically no space thanks to the faucet position (see picture)
- Only one electrical plug for the whole room
- Getting too old (who needs furniture with inserted radio?)
- They insist on burning the bacon every morning at the breakfast (see picture)

I think the 1st step for improving would be TO READ the reviews they request from customers...

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business